Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascinating celebrities
14-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Fascinating celebrities

Kenzie also admitted that sometimes they were so rampant they didn't bother to undress.

"Jodie was such a turn-on that we barely had time to strip," he said. "She was very hot and I was very much in love. Sometimes I just wanted her there and then."

I've just read this from the online news of the world site, my first time ever of going into a paper on line! (I was looking for BB stories cos i can't be ar$ed to go over the paper shop!!).

Anyway I saw this snippett about Kenzie (Blazing Squad twit from Celeb BB) and Jodie Marsh. And I had to laugh ... why do "celebrities" think their sex is so special?

Who, here, who's been in lust/love hasn't had those emotions? Why is it worth reporting, why is it worth paying Kenzie for the story? (besides the imminent release of his latest single of Friday!!).

What is our fascination with celebrities all about? Does the fact that we read it, talk about it, say more about us than them?

I have to admit I'm not a great celebrity watcher, but I do occasionally get interested in some of the stories/scandals ...

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Fascinating celebrities
I don't have a great fascination with celebrity myself. I don't buy Heat, OK, Hello, or any of the other mags which dedicate themselves to following slebs.

But.....people do. And I don't think it is necessarily about the slebs themselves. Its more about aspiration. These celebrities have got a lifestyle which many aspire to, so people worship them like Royalty were worshipped in the 1950's. Any little snippet of their lives is worth knowing - their bad outfits, their exercise routines, their diet tips.....and their sex lives.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
14-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Fascinating celebrities
Me neither, I couldn't give two hoots what the slebs are doing.

However, I agree with Karen, that ever since the likes of Charles Lindbergh, celebrity status has fascinated a proportion of the public. The advent of mass media means we get to pick and choose our idol from a vast array of probably not very deserving candidates. Prior to that, people still aspired to be like someone. I might not have been Beckham, but a church leader or someone of high status in the community. I'm sure there was still the same interest in what they did in their 'time off', even if the public weren't privy to the latest details on their sex lives.
14-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Fascinating celebrities
I couldn't give a fig about anyones sex life celeb or otherwise......a persons sex life is something that should be kept between themselves and their partner not spread across the glossy's! :glare:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
14-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Fascinating celebrities
I'm another one that is not interested in the celeb's and never buy any of the magazines either. I am really not interested in seeing what their extravagant homes are like or in their sex lives.
14-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Fascinating celebrities
I am very shallow and buy both 'Heat' and 'Now' even out here, though they are 3 months out of date. I could probably construct a half way decent excuse such as my wanting to read all about a 'Big' Brother I couldn't watch, or find out who eventually won 'dance fever,' but the truth is that I have no defence other than the fact that I am nosy and like to read the gossip! :thumbsup:
14-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Fascinating celebrities
Voice of reason Wrote:I am nosy and like to read the gossip! :thumbsup:

ditto Voice! say it loud and say it proud!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
14-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Fascinating celebrities
I also tend to buy all the big celeb magazines. Mostly I buy them just for reality tv news...but must say it's also about just seeing what kinds of things the mags claim celebs are up to.

I agree with Karen tho in that the fascination is largely about dreaming of having that lifestyle ourselves...the fame, the fortune, the adventures, etc.
15-08-2005, 04:25 AM
Fascinating celebrities
I have been wondering though, is there really much difference between buying these magazines and watching something like IAC or Celebrity Big Brother/Hell's Kitchen/love Island etc?

As I said, I'm nosy, which is why I buy the magazines, I never buy 'Hello' or the like though, and I think this is because it really is the 'down-market' gossipy semi-slagging off type stuff that 'Heat and 'Now' do that I most like! rather than the glamorous home shots, and it's why I liked to watch Celebrity reality TV type stuff as well, I just assumed other people were the same, but perhaps not?

Why do people like watching such shows if they are not really interested in the celeb's or how they behave? (I'm not 'having a go' btw, just genuinely curious!)
15-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Fascinating celebrities
The main reason I don't buy magazines is because I'm far too mean. But I would definitely flick through one if it happened in my path. It's one of the pleasures of going to the hair dressers - a decent cup of coffee with a pile of gossipy mags. But on the whole I think ther're over priced and they clutter the place up!