Joy To The World
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Christmas Carol...
16-12-2004, 07:27 AM

Vote for your favourite Christmas Carol - not song!
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2004, 07:53 AM
I don't really have a favourite carol, but I have voted for Silent Night as I do love it.
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Can I add another vote to this. Have just heard Il Divo sing Oh Holy Night on GMTV, bloody brilliant. (certainly make G4 look cack!!)
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Away in A Manager is my favourite, it reminds me of my children's nativity plays at pre-school.
16-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I love singing all the Christmas Carols but particularly enjoy doing the high 'Sing Chior of Angles' bit in 'Oh Come All Ye Faithful'....

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I love ALL carols and sing them constantly to anyone, myself and everyone at any given opportunity from November onwards.

I have learned 2 new ones this year - Gabriel's message and Unto Us a Son is Born - both from our Choir mistress. I adore singing - I just wish I were a good singer, my voice thankfuly is drowned out by my surrounding Sopranos.

But I voted We Three Kings - cos it was IMO the grooviest carol when I was 4 years old and remained so until now!!
17-12-2004, 07:53 AM
We do actions to We Three Kings Flip...great fun....although at 31 I really should stop now....shouldn't I?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
17-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Silent Night is my favourite. It is so peaceful and really brings in the Spirit of Christ's birth.

I also sing in a choir Flippy, except I sing Alto. I would love to have a great solo voice, but alas, a choir voice it will have to be. We are doing different arrangements of Away In a Manger and Oh Come All Ye Faithful this year. I do so love it.Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
17-12-2004, 09:36 AM
tigger767 Wrote:I also sing in a choir Flippy, except I sing Alto. I would love to have a great solo voice, but alas, a choir voice it will have to be. We are doing different arrangements of Away In a Manger and Oh Come All Ye Faithful this year. I do so love it.Smile

Gosh Alto is really hard isn't it Tiggs?? Or do you find it easy?

We are doing a superb arrangement of Unto Us a Son is Born - with an input of Latin which is hysterical [how I don't laugh I don't know]. And also O Come All Ye Faithful and Little Town of Bethlehem [both of which have the choir doing the descant - which sounds superb].

And the worst of being in the choir is there are only 3 sopranos - and during Gabriel's Message - we are the only ones actually singing the words, [the alto's tenors and bass's do the 'Ah' bit] and I keep singing 'highly flavoured lady' instead of 'highly favoured lady' - which sets me and my fellow sopranos into fits of giggles!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,671 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,259 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,230 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 1,997 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,966 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,278 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  What is your favourite TV programme at the moment? Northern angel 15 2,153 03-04-2008 03:24 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,743 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,312 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,412 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze