Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourites for Britains got Talent
31-05-2008, 09:54 AM

Now that the semi-finals are done, which are your top three acts?

I haven't seen all the acts, but based upon what I have seen my choices would be:

Escala - thought they were brilliant. It's an original act and the girls (I think) really do have talent. I wouldn't mind too much if they won.

Nemesis - I like their act and I like their story. They're young and edgy, they're passionate about what they do and seem like a really likeable bunch of kids. My only issue would be that their act could get very "samey" the more you see it. Again, I wouldn't mind if they won.

But, my absolute favourite and the act I am most looking forward to seeing again is:

Kate & Jin!

That dog is amazing! Their whole performance makes me both laugh and go soppy. Of course, they are just a glorified "Crufts" act and they don't stand a chance against some of the other competitors and I'd bet they are rank outsiders at the bookies, but I still really like them. I doubt they'd win, but I'd like to see them do well.

What're your choices?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I've only seen Escala, Nemesis, Andrew Johnston and Faryl Smith, so I'm reserving judgement till tonight.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
31-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Fee For All Wrote:I've only seen Escala, Nemesis, Andrew Johnston and Faryl Smith, so I'm reserving judgement till tonight.

Hmmm, yeah. I think perhaps you were wise. I'd only seen a few acts too, and was basing my opinion on those. Now I've seen all 10 finalists, I've totally changed my mind!

My front runners now are SIGNATURE. I thought their act was brilliant. :thumbsup: Really entertaining on more than one level.

I still like Escala too. Funnily enough, they are Mr Figaro's favourites too. This was the first time he'd watched any of the series, and Signature were the only act that had him tapping his feet and laughing out loud. But even so, Escala are his favourites. I wonder why.....

The other surprise was Strike - I really liked their act. Probably for the same reason that Mr Figaro liked Escala.....

Nemesis let me down. They just weren't as tight as they were before. I still like them, but I really don't think they compared favourably to some of their competition.

Kate and Jin. Oh dear. Still really watchable, and I still love that dog, but when compared to some of the other finalists, their act seemed a bit amateur. Really, they haven't got a chance.

The other talents were the two opera singing kids - the "Charlotte Church alikes". Their talent is astonishing when you consider their age, but honestly, I'm bored with it. And while I do appreciate their talent (especially considering their youth) it doesn't really get me excited or even entertain me that much. Even so, I'll bet at least one of them is in with a chance.

But Signature get my vote (if I was actually voting).
31-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Here's my views FWIW

Cheeky Monkeys - Ghastly. Send them back to school and let them grow up.
Andrew Muir: Just another X-Factor hopeful
Kate & Gin - Variety act; Prince Charles will like them and they'll get a couple of years panto before the dog dies.
Nemesis: Loads of other dancers out there so can't see where they go from here. I suppose they might the recognition of a trip to meet the prince.
Strike: Loads of other dancers etc. Don't see the point of these two. Probably get a panto gig this year.
Andrew Johnston: The next Aled Jones. His voice will break and that will be that.
Faryl Smith: She's good, and her parents don't have the chav streak that Charlotte Church's family did, so I can see her having a good future. Voice, looks and common-sense - good combo!
George: Don't rate him at all. Average dancer
Escala: Fabulous. They'll have a future, but have been put off since I found out they're already quite successful and then played the X_Factor wrap party last time round. Hmmm.
Signature: Fabulous. Just fabulous. They seem like nice guys too.

I'd be happy with Signature or Gin winning, in the spirit of the Royal Variety Show, but I reckon it'll be Escala or Faryl.

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
31-05-2008, 08:55 PM
George????

Oh for goodness sake.

Britain's Voting Public's Got No taste

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
31-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Have to agree Fee. He was cute, and all that but he really didn't deserve to win this. He won this on the 'it is going to save my life' vote..

I really wanted Escala to win. I thought they were brilliant.
31-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Agreed, thought he was one of the weakest!

How about Britain's Got Sob Stories?

Escala had more talent in their fiddling fingers.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't usually watch talent shows - but I saw the end of this one - The dance he did didn't look anything special to me!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
01-06-2008, 11:11 AM
That wee guy did NOT deserve to win. As good as he was, there were just others who displayed much more talent, like Escala for example, who were note-perfect and also had a choreography to remember. That was talent.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I really liked escala and signature just because both were thoroughly entertaining, upbeat, enjoyable and a bit different than "just a singer" or "just a dancer". (I'm not for one second claiming that singing and dancing aren't talents, and I'll happily admit that I'm useless at both).

To be honest, a singer would be very hard to get me to like them, I like to see a "showpiece" on that programme, and athough I thought Faryl was very good it just didn't grab my attention.

I didn't particularly want the lad who won to win, most of his dancing really was chucking himself about. And he did exactly the same act twice. (Although I did like the lampost and the rain and the props).

Kate and Gin were very entertaining too, but never really stood a chance.

I do really hate how everyone is so hard done by and they go on that they need to win to give them a chance at life.... shut up and get on with it for gods sake! That's another thing I liked about Escala/Signature/Kate and Gin they were just doing what they enjoyed doing, and having a good time while they were at it...

There was an oriental girl on one of the semis who always sounded like she was crying and basically said her kids would die if she didn't win and showed pictures of her kids during her act. Fair enough, she's probably from a poor area and needs all the money she can get, but we don't need to know that! It's a talent show, not a hard-done-by-story show! And acts should be judged on their talent (of which she had very little). On her video introducing her though, it showed her talking to her kids via webcam!!!!!!! Can't be that poor!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Britain's Got Talent 2008 - Andrew Johnston Haydon_acc2 24 4,841 01-06-2008 11:09 AM
Last Post: PJ
  Britain's Got Talent 2008 - Scala Haydon_acc2 5 1,891 16-05-2008 03:00 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  Britains Got Talent Coastie 39 4,460 22-06-2007 09:13 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  The question of talent or ability? Cruel to be kind. Northern angel 8 1,332 31-08-2006 08:58 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Old Favourites Bonsai 32 2,919 19-10-2005 03:11 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Britains Next Top Model. Cat 49 5,280 16-10-2005 02:08 PM
Last Post: bridge