Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feet
26-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Feet

Do you have problem feet - as i know i do :unsure:

I seem to suffer permanently from them. The other day i wore a pair of wellington boots to walk the dog. I had had these boots for ages, and i thought they were comfy, but after 20 mins walking the soles of my feet had come up in monster blisters. They were so painful i had to drag my feet home. Then i couldnt walk for the next 2 days !!!

I went out at the weekend in a different pair of wellys, ones that were so old - and i now have a blister on the back of each foot. They are huge puss filled ones, and blummin uncomfortable.

I truly own just one pair of shoes / boots that are totally comfy - and they arent suitable for dog walking. I dont know what to do now ? I have to walk the dog tonight, and i have absolutely nothing to put on my feet.

Does anyone else suffer with their feet ? My husband thinks it incredible that i get blisters on the soles of my feet - but surely im not alone in this ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Feet
I get blisters on the soles of my feet but only after I've been walking a long distance.
My feet were an absolute mess when i came home from my travels last month. It was through a combination of walking so much and only having one pair of shoes (I lost the other pairs). My shoes were wrecked (not to mention absolutely ganting) cos I had to wear them everyday and in the end I had to chuck them and buy a new pair in New York (any old excuse to treat myself) as well as these spongy pad things that I had to stick to the soles of my feet. It was agony.
So, Bonnie, I can sypmathise with you.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
26-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Feet
Bonsai Wrote:Do you have problem feet - as i know i do :unsure:

I seem to suffer permanently from them. The other day i wore a pair of wellington boots to walk the dog. I had had these boots for ages, and i thought they were comfy, but after 20 mins walking the soles of my feet had come up in monster blisters. They were so painful i had to drag my feet home. Then i couldnt walk for the next 2 days !!!

I went out at the weekend in a different pair of wellys, ones that were so old - and i now have a blister on the back of each foot. They are huge puss filled ones, and blummin uncomfortable.

I truly own just one pair of shoes / boots that are totally comfy - and they arent suitable for dog walking. I dont know what to do now ? I have to walk the dog tonight, and i have absolutely nothing to put on my feet.

Does anyone else suffer with their feet ? My husband thinks it incredible that i get blisters on the soles of my feet - but surely im not alone in this ?

Bonnie, have you tried the gel filled insoles they sell in Boots and Superdrug? Maybe they would give you a bit of respite?

Wellies are notorious for creating friction (which is causing the blisters), so maybe try some of those in them, or in your boots. Also always wear cotton socks.

Alternatively, pop into the local Chiropodist for advice. Im sure if you can discover the cause, there is bound to be a cure.

Are the blisters on the ball of your foot, the whole foot or just the heel for example? The gel filled insoles Ive seen can be bought for the whole foot, or just the heel or ball. Id give em a go, maybe?
26-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Feet
I always think I've got really nice feet! Nice straight toes and very slender - much like the rest of me. :wink2: I do have a problem with clicking ankles when I walk down stairs but I think that's just age.

A woman I work with had a bite on her foot which had a bad reaction and had swollen up. She was showing everyone and I was just about to say 'ooh yeah, that looks really nasty' when I realised I was looking at the wrong foot and it wasn't the bite but a bunion I was looking at. Absolutely revolting.

My daughter has a phobia of feet she gets quite hysterical if a foot comes anywhere near her - or even a sock - it makes her feel sick.
26-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Feet
I don't have a problem with my feet, I just hate feet in general. They give me the creeps. I think I have some sort of phobia.
26-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Feet
I very rarely have problems with my feet except they are always cold, even in the middle of the summer they are cold.
26-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Feet
Being a Piscean I am supposed to have trouble with my feet but they have been fine. I did have an ingrowing toenail once that got taken out with a local anesthetic at the doctor's surgery! :shocking:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
26-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Feet
THe only problem I have with my feet is that after about 8pm at night they no longer supprt my body. :unsure: not sure why!
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Feet
I have hideously deformed feet! Great big bunions through wearing pointed toed shoes when I was young :unsure:

Also my shoes gang up on me. Even my most comfortable ones will suddenly go evil on me and decide to pinch my toes and rub a blister when I'm at the far end of Town!! I have frequently been seen walking back from town with blood ooozing, or sitting in Boots the Chemist applying plasters, or even coming home barefoot!! I hate feet and I hate shoes even more!

My son has a foot phobia but it only seems to extend to my feet. He can rip off a smelly sock and plonk an athlete foot ridden specimen under my nose with the immortal words " 'ere mum, waddya fink this is?" but if he sees me without shoes he goes all squeamish and says "can't you cover them up!" Huh
27-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Feet
Pandora Wrote:Bonnie, have you tried the gel filled insoles they sell in Boots and Superdrug? Maybe they would give you a bit of respite?

Wellies are notorious for creating friction (which is causing the blisters), so maybe try some of those in them, or in your boots. Also always wear cotton socks.

Alternatively, pop into the local Chiropodist for advice. Im sure if you can discover the cause, there is bound to be a cure.

Are the blisters on the ball of your foot, the whole foot or just the heel for example? The gel filled insoles Ive seen can be bought for the whole foot, or just the heel or ball. Id give em a go, maybe?

I bought some insoles in Boots yesterday for my wellies, and they did help, but i still came home with a blister on the underside of my toe !!!

It tends to be the underneath of my toes, and the underneath of the heel that get blisters. I think i know what you mean Pan, arent they called Party Feet ? I have some in my high heels for the balls of my feet which crunch in spectacular fashion when wearing them .... but nothing i buy seem to fit in welly's very well :unsure:

Ive got a feeling this will be an uncomfortable winter.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me