Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergie - The Dutchess - Review
12-05-2008, 11:43 PM

Just a pretty face, then.

Hey, here's a crazy fact you might not have caught up on: did you know that Fergie, singer with the once relevant Black Eyed Peas, is a rather attractive girl? You did? Well, too bad - because THAT fact is going to be rammed down your throat until you can almost smell the botox injections.

Fergie, then. Seems to think that an album of lame hip-hop posturing and wigga gangsta slang (first single "London Bridge" sums up the entire album in the first sentence - "it's me, Fergie - the pimp") is just what the people want - and if it isn't? Never mind - look at her! Isn't she just BEAUTIFUL?

The next single, the utterly atrocious "Fergalicious" informs us that she's SO hot that guys jerk off over her pictures, and that we line up round the block to see what she's got. Oh, and she's down in the gym "working on her fitness". No mention of the visits to the bathroom with her fingers down her throat, or off for some more plastic surgery. Maybe those cuts will be B-sides.

And let's have a nice, long, hearty laugh at "Glamorous", which is basically "I'm Still Fergie From The Block", where she informs us that even though she sells records and appears in movies (erm, really?) she still lines up for McDonalds because she's still like you and me. But really, really pretty too. Don't forget that part.

All in all, its another boring, bling-obsessed piece of garbage from someone else who has nothing to say or offer, but is lapped up by the hip-hop hypnotised MTV generation who think this vacuous, money-hungry idiot is someone to aspire to be. Pitiful.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Couldn't agree more Curmie. Fergie definitely gets it! :pimp:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
13-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I always preferred Lady Di :bag:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I always preferred Lady Di :bag:

I didn't. She was a worthless parasite.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eminem - Mockingbird - Review The Curmudgeon 14 3,003 15-05-2008 10:19 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Mel C - I Want Candy - Review The Curmudgeon 1 1,061 13-05-2008 02:37 PM
  Basshunter - Now You're Gone - Review The Curmudgeon 11 2,679 13-05-2008 11:23 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  Soulja Boy - Crank Dat - Review The Curmudgeon 1 1,020 13-05-2008 01:24 AM
  Leon Jackson - When You Believe - Review The Curmudgeon 14 2,212 13-05-2008 01:03 AM
  Scooter - Jumping All Over The World - Review The Curmudgeon 27 3,244 12-05-2008 11:45 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Paul Potts - One Chance - Review The Curmudgeon 4 1,050 12-05-2008 10:12 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Cascade - Everytime We Touch - Review The Curmudgeon 1 774 12-05-2008 10:07 PM
  Michael Jackson - Thriller 25th Anniversary Review The Curmudgeon 3 973 12-05-2008 07:49 AM
  Sam and Amanda - Barbie Girl - Review The Curmudgeon 3 961 12-05-2008 07:48 AM