Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fill me in--- WHAT DID PAUL BURREL ACTUALLY DO WRONG RE Princess Diana?
30-11-2004, 05:14 PM

Please excuse my ignorance RE this subject, but what exactly did he do wrong and did he actually betray her? As far as I knew, she liked him a lot and they were good friends. Are you sure the tabloids have not made him out to be something he was not?

He may be full of cheese (lol) but I don't think that he is cunning or would stab somebody in the back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2004, 05:26 PM
He was accused of salting away (or stealing) a lot Princess Diana's personal belongings and papers but he claimed he was looking after them for her sons and didn't want them to fall into the wrong hands. He maintained that the Queen was aware of this and amazingly, after the trial had begun and wasted a lot of tax payers' money the Queen did, indeed, intervene and say that it had slipped her mind but yes, she had been aware of it!!

There was a lot of speculation about why it had taken the Queen so long to come forward - was it true, or was she afraid of what he could reveal about them if she hadn't defended him.

This is how I understood it but I may be wrong and if anyone knows better than I will stand corrected Smile
30-11-2004, 05:29 PM
So then maybe he was telling the truth? So why do people hate him? Sophie said in her starting interview "I will stay on the opposite end of the camp to him as I don't like people who make money out of Princess Diana" I thought he'd done something worse
30-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Well, he does make money out of selling his story and appearing on chat shows etc. so probably that is what he is most disliked for - but he is no worse than other people who do the same and, after all, the royals were not averse to putting themselves in the splotlight and telling their own secrets when they thought it might gain them sympathy so... personally, I don't think badly of him. Smile
30-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I think the main thing Paul B did wrong was that he made such a fuss about being a 'rock' for Diana, and spoke of his devotion to her and the boys, and how he would never betray her trust or reveal any secrets. Then promptly sold his story to the papers, revealed all in interviews and has made a living in America touring. He gives after dinner speeches and so called 'work shops' in manners etc but at which he talks about Diana and her life. Which, in the end, is the only reason people would pay good money to see him.

He has, in public, stated he knows whats best for the boys, which show incredible arrogance. He has also taken on the mannerisms of Diana and seems to model himself on her which is creepy to say the least.
30-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Anecdote first.
Hmmm my friend was planning to leave her partner and started to leave a box here and there with us she was the sort of friend I could share anything with and we discussed thing with easch other we talked of with no one else. As she knew it would be a tricky seperation and wanted a new place etc sorted she planned to leave over a year letting the emotional detachment sink in. Regrettfully she died, and her personal items many of them journals went straight to her sister unopened by me.

The point is Burrel was akeeper of secrets and he overstepped bigtime.From Dianas death he will ahve been approached and goaded to tell and sell and ultimately he did..there are many who did not. I never had an opinion on him till this and now I'm a ranting woman thinking now wonder some wanted him off her staff well before the death, no vulnerable person is safe with him.
30-11-2004, 05:53 PM
To be fair though, his story didn't paint Diana in a bad light like so many of the other stories hitting the tabloids and the bookshelves.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2004, 06:04 PM
He also only sold his stories after the Royal Family tried to stitch him up and send him to prison. I don't blame him.He was incredibly loyal to them and they stabbed him in the back and treated him appallingly.
30-11-2004, 06:15 PM
It would appear not a lot. he sold his story after a lot of encouragement from the tabloids (and for tabloids read the Great British Public) and then the public then went into moral royal mode and said (after reading it all first) oooh you musnt say that about Diana, the princess of out hearts blah blah bore bore

he aint right in the barnet I don't think but he aint daft neivver - witness him not letting on he really can cook and then making JSP look an even bigger pudding than she is :laugh:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2004, 07:06 PM
I am also pretty blur on what PB actually did, so thanks for all the info. Some story today was going on about the tapes of Di in the US yesterday that "used to be in the possession of PB until the police got them back". So they went from the police to US tv? I though it was her speech trainer who had them, so did they make it back to the speech trainer to then be sold for a half million to US tv?? So confused over this, confused enough to reckon PB is ok and the royal nasties probably stitched him up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul Burrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mafia_princess05 104 12,182 21-02-2005 11:32 AM
Last Post: kimmy
  Paul Bashing(Give the guy a break) jase1234 41 5,861 19-12-2004 01:31 PM
Last Post: karenh
  Paul - you ARE the star! Eternity 93 7,724 11-12-2004 08:04 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Paul - Throwing toys out of his pram! ils 23 3,089 06-12-2004 09:11 PM
Last Post: Normal1
  I've changed my stance--- Paul is a bit pervy recently!! claire 115 8,576 06-12-2004 03:24 PM
Last Post: Flip
  I think Paul Burrel is great! claire 91 37,533 06-12-2004 02:04 PM
Last Post: christine
  What was it between Fran and Paul yesterday? MariaRob 4 1,351 06-12-2004 01:09 PM
Last Post: Critique
  Paul's trial!!! -xena- 40 4,345 05-12-2004 06:17 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Paul (aka) Buzzz Light Year Cat 19 2,607 03-12-2004 03:46 PM
Last Post: Buzz
  Paul is a FRAUD Knotty 13 2,556 02-12-2004 06:04 PM
Last Post: claire