Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film of the Year!
25-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Film of the Year!

What's your top 5 films of the year?

Mine are:

1) Finding Neverland - a beautiful movie and one which took my imagination to a whole new level as it reverted me back to my childhood years......

2) Collateral - Clever, original and brilliantly acted...

3) Saw - Low budget but even though I guessed the ending I was still in awe at the simplicity of the set and cleverness of the script.....

4) Beyond the Sea - Kevin Spaceys 'Baby' which makes you want to sing and dance in the street....just fantastic!

5) Phantom of the Opera - Brings the classic to the masses and does it with style, class and added wow!

This has been a good year for cinema.......

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Film of the Year!
dunno if this counts but lord of the rings - return of the king. any orlando fest is good!! cant think of what other films i saw this year!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
07-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Film of the Year!
Hate to repeat myself but my film of the year has to be, without a doubt, Lost in Translation. So clever and captivating to make this film on the theme of being displaced/lost.
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Film of the Year!
I didn't watch too many films this year, so I'm probably missing out some rally good ones. Bot of the ones that I DID see in 2004:

1. Lord of the Rings

2. Collateral

3. Van Helsing

4. Errr........

Ummm - thats it! I saw a few more than that, but as I can't remember them, I reckon thy mustn't have been much cop.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
09-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Film of the Year!
tonee Wrote:Hate to repeat myself but my film of the year has to be, without a doubt, Lost in Translation. So clever and captivating to make this film on the theme of being displaced/lost.

Don't worry about repeating yourself...you're quite right 'Lost in Translation' is a fantastic movie...It didn't make my top 5 simply because at times I did feel it dragged a bit but when it didn't it was amazing! If that makes any sense! Huh

Karenh....you really didn't get out much this year did you :laugh:

Kooks....LOTR - ROTK - was a Viggo lust fest but nothing more!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Film of the Year!
Coastie Wrote:What's your top 5 films of the year?

Mine are:

1) Finding Neverland - a beautiful movie and one which took my imagination to a whole new level as it reverted me back to my childhood years......

2) Collateral - Clever, original and brilliantly acted...

3) Saw - Low budget but even though I guessed the ending I was still in awe at the simplicity of the set and cleverness of the script.....

4) Beyond the Sea - Kevin Spaceys 'Baby' which makes you want to sing and dance in the street....just fantastic!

5) Phantom of the Opera - Brings the classic to the masses and does it with style, class and added wow!

This has been a good year for cinema.......

The only films i've seen in the cinema this year have been shrek 2 and bridget jones, they were good but not films of the year - I really wanna see Finding Neverland tho.

My film of the year is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - i think it was released in Jan!

If you like any Kaufman movies Adaptation/Being John Malkovic you will love this show!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's the last film you watched? Coastie 1,335 78,129 02-03-2008 06:20 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Bad film awareness Ziller 26 3,700 15-01-2007 12:44 PM
  How important is a film's soundtrack to you? PJ 15 2,092 08-01-2007 02:28 PM
  A Good Year Coastie 1 739 04-11-2006 10:21 AM
  Film Wrongs... Coastie 13 1,958 10-09-2006 05:40 PM
  take out the "whats the last film you saw" thread IsLe Of WeAtHeR 6 943 19-07-2006 11:40 PM
Last Post: Groucho
  Parents 6 year behind Film club is open.. IsLe Of WeAtHeR 1 607 20-03-2006 09:31 AM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR
  Why are women often represented in film roles via their sexuality?............ unique_c 46 4,490 25-01-2006 02:21 PM
Last Post: mikado
  What is the film? Bella 7 1,378 15-08-2005 06:58 PM
  Film reminders Dolores 7 1,626 24-04-2005 07:18 AM