Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film reminders
14-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Film reminders

What reminds you of a film?

For me tonight it was Warriors. As I was cleaning out my bedroom I picked up to empty beer bottles next to my bed (I know I'm a filthy drunken slut of a woman!!) and as I had them, one on my forefinger and one on my index finger I clinked them together and I couldn't resist chanting "Warrirors coming out to play"!!! My son thought i was mad? It was of course a famous line from that urban classic of the 1980's "Warriors" a film about gang warfare in NewYork - anyone remember it?

So what sounds, sights, clothing combinations, cars etc remind you of films?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Film reminders
I don't think this is a film as such - but if I ever do anything that requires strength, like opening a stubborn jar of jam or lifting a heavy box - I finish the job by adopting a pose and shouting 'Sheera, Princess of Power'!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

15-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Film reminders
Dolores Wrote:What reminds you of a film?

For me tonight it was Warriors. As I was cleaning out my bedroom I picked up to empty beer bottles next to my bed (I know I'm a filthy drunken slut of a woman!!) and as I had them, one on my forefinger and one on my index finger I clinked them together and I couldn't resist chanting "Warrirors coming out to play"!!! My son thought i was mad? It was of course a famous line from that urban classic of the 1980's "Warriors" a film about gang warfare in NewYork - anyone remember it?

So what sounds, sights, clothing combinations, cars etc remind you of films?

OMG, Dol I loved this film, it was fab!! I remember the line when one of the gang who had the baseball bats said something about sticking the baseball bat up someone's backside to resemble a lemon popsicle!!! I thought Swan was just gorgeous. Ooh, you have taken me back almost 20 years!

In fact Dol I always think of the film Dolores Clairborne (which is on tonight on BBC1), when I see your name!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Film reminders
Bella Wrote:In fact Dol I always think of the film Dolores Clairborne (which is on tonight on BBC1), when I see your name!

This is Stephen King is it not?? I know I have read the book - but cannot remember the story!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

15-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Film reminders
Me and my mate were skipping along a windy bit of precinct patio in Egypt singing....'Follow the Yellow Brick Road'...my mates 14yr old nephew disowned us on the spot but a few of the local business peeps enjoyed it! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
23-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Film reminders
Whenever I hear the song "I touch myself" I get flashbacks to the first Austin Powers movie when he's in the room with the Fembots and there are blowing up all over the place and he's dancing around in his rather fetching pants :laugh: . It sets me off into the giggles.

XXxCheekyChopsXXX Heart
Find all posts by this user
24-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Film reminders
Whenever they mention the Pope I always think of the Pope on a Rope joke in 'Good Morning Vietnam'.... Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's the last film you watched? Coastie 1,335 85,341 02-03-2008 06:20 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Bad film awareness Ziller 26 4,663 15-01-2007 12:44 PM
  How important is a film's soundtrack to you? PJ 15 2,950 08-01-2007 02:28 PM
  Film Wrongs... Coastie 13 2,583 10-09-2006 05:40 PM
  take out the "whats the last film you saw" thread IsLe Of WeAtHeR 6 1,299 19-07-2006 11:40 PM
Last Post: Groucho
  Parents 6 year behind Film club is open.. IsLe Of WeAtHeR 1 747 20-03-2006 09:31 AM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR
  Why are women often represented in film roles via their sexuality?............ unique_c 46 6,212 25-01-2006 02:21 PM
Last Post: mikado
  What is the film? Bella 7 1,801 15-08-2005 06:58 PM
  film quotes Woodstock 47 6,450 21-04-2005 06:36 PM
Last Post: Gelastic
  Baddies on film tonee 12 3,038 14-03-2005 10:17 AM
Last Post: Bella