Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fireworks
04-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Fireworks

Anyone having any fireworks or going to any public displays?

I've just been out and bought some fireworks after Dolores put me to shame by telling me that she's having a firework party for her son. I thought maybe I ought to be doing something for my 2. Usually we just have a couple of sparklers each and watch all the neighbours'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Fireworks
We went to a small display at our camp site last weekend - but nothing this weekend. I will be staying at home with my son (puddy cat) who is scared stiff of the things - and will be administering loads of cuddles and snogs.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
04-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Fireworks
Well I asked my two if they would like to go to any of the organised displays near us this weekend and they said No....and as I'm not fussed either way I think we'll stay home and watch X Factor instead!
04-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Fireworks
We went to west Midlands safari Park on the 30th, we 'safaried' then we saw the indoor creatures They have a small theme park so a few rides then the bonfire and firteworks and back to the rides, less than £15 for an adult for the lot. We go to the school fireworks and bonfire tomorrow night, that is costing almost as much as the safari park! Our village one with jazz band Bar B Q and warming fire on saturday is donations please and we may go to one next Friday as the display is done by a man who lives locally who goes all over the world putting on firework displays and it is wonderful!
We like local events
04-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Fireworks
We generally to our friends farm where we have a huge bonfire and a few fireworks [the ones you light once and it sets a display of about 50 by itself]. The added advantage of this is we can watch all the displays for about 30 miles around [on a clear night - the farm is atop a mega vantage point].

But this year my sis is doing one at her pub - and Mr F is Chief Fireworks Officer and I am Chief hotdog lady!! Can't wait.

And Voicey - Bonfire night is Friday not Saturday - so shouldn't interfere with X Factor. This is the first Saturday I can actually stay in and watch it since the public could vote [cos I am not working!!!] Big Bloody HOOOOOOORAH!!!!Big Grin [I still hate this smillie]
04-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Fireworks
Flip Wrote:And Voicey - Bonfire night is Friday not Saturday - so shouldn't interfere with X Factor. This is the first Saturday I can actually stay in and watch it since the public could vote [cos I am not working!!!] Big Bloody HOOOOOOORAH!!!!Big Grin [I still hate this smillie]

But most of the organised displays are on Saturday Flippy - not Friday.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Fireworks
Well I will be in Jersey for Bonfire night so no fireworks for me. The boys won't be having any either as we never have a private display.

Our local display was on Monday and although I would have love to have gone as I love fireworks, the boys weren't bothered, so we gave it a miss.
Fireworks
We're at the childrens school for an organised display on Friday.

I've got a funny feeling I've been roped into working on the BBQ, or something similar.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Fireworks
I'm taking the kids to the firework display that the school organises, well the fundraisers of the school.
It's only £1.50 for adults and £1 for kids and they have a great time cause all their school mates are there. Unfortunately there's no bonfire though.

I remember as a kid we used to go to my great aunts farm, ride on the tractor to the huge bonfire, watch all the fireworks and then go back to the farmhouse and eat hot potatoes and loads of treacle toffee, yum, yumBig Grin
04-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Fireworks
I shall be going to my friends house tomorrow with loooooads of my friends to watch a movie, eat hot dogs and watch fireworks! can't wait, I love bonfire night!

Ads The Mole Man! (Now comes with Braces!)