Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First impressions of the contestants
16-05-2005, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2005 10:23 PM by PJ.)

Well, I really wasn't going to watch "The Paul Danan Show" - sorry, I mean "Celebrity Love Island" but as there was nowt else on and I had nowt else to do I thought I would. It is the most embarassing, tacky, trashy reality TV show Ive ever seen. So I shall indeed be tuning in to it in future...

As for the contestants...

The Girls

Abi - face it love, you are promiscuous. She is "tart" personified.

Isabella - has a really annoying face and voice but seems ok.

Jayne - disappointed that she has decided to level herself with the likes of Abi Titmus and Rebecca Loos. Thought she was bigger than that.

Judi - have no idea who she is. Was she on eastenders?

Liz - was she even there?

Rebecca - forgot to add her there. That's how much of an effect she had on me!

The Guys

Calum - pure poser. Don't think I'll like him much.

Du'aine - zzzzzzzz

Fran - think he's quite funny. Should provide some controversy.

Lee - seems ok.

Michael - learn to swim mate. then you can swim off to a distant land and never be on my TV again.

Paul - a stint on Hollyoaks in the mid-90s does not constitute being a celebrity. I'm more famous than him for God's sake!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2005, 10:06 PM
this was the most awful TV programme I've ever seen & I SHALL be on board for the duration.

Regarding Abi Titmus getting out of her pram for being called promiscuous - HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA! If the cap fits love..................

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
17-05-2005, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2005 06:12 AM by Cat.)
Well I loved it and as long as they don't start putting it on too late at night, I shall be watching with glee.

The setting was really stunning and they are lucky children to be there, but no doubt being the spoilt, self obsessed air heads that most of them are - they wont'

Heres my first impressions:

The Girls

Abi - What is the attraction with this girl, she has deep set small eyes with a slight squint that makes her look dense. Without the aid of professional photography and airbrushing her body and looks were put into shade by the other girls. She also needs to look at herself a little more deeply and realise that when Fran called her promiscous (he was actually mis using the use of the world, not fulling understanding it, but thats by the by it created a good TV moment). The fact that she might not physically be putting it about her whole package is sold on raunchy meaningless sex so her defensive attitude was very funny.

Isabella - Agree with PJ here, her voice has that horrible nasal twange that only posh people seem to be able to do...must be something to do with sniffing all that money. Though a nice face, nothing too mind blowing - her best assett is her body which really is a lovely shape and well toned - lovely long legs (these but Abi's dumpy corn beef jobs to shame). BUT...her biggest down fall is that she is best mates with the extraudinary nasally challenged one that is Jodie Marsh. Isabella is Pauls big love interestest at the moment, but I think he will see through her soon enough. She also had a very annoying laugh like a goose.

Jayne - Brilliant at yogo, and a great accent - looking good too. Very disappointed when she sobbed in the video room because she couldn't sleep and had no friends! I too would have put her above the others. She needs to keep up her chats with Lee - she could be in there.

Judi - What a strange looking girl, body to die for but the face!!! Those eyes they were like something out of the Bar Scene in Star Wars - so big and so far apart, I thought they were her ears at first. However, seemed OK though
and she will be handy for keeping a 360 degree watch.

Liz - This girl is the epitome of a rather plain girl done good; bless her. Great body though and nice hair. She also seemes to have a good sense of humour.

Rebecca - Didn't really see much action from Rebecca last night - best bikini's so far.

The Guys

Calum - I don't like this chap very much either PJ. A bloke who is used to getting the women and just sits back and lets them come to him. But I have news for this young lathario...YOU ARE GOING BALD MATEY!!! The girlys won't be swooning round you when you have a big baldy slappy head. Abi is after him at the moment and he dosn't seem to mind.

Du'aine - best smile on the Island, dazzling, friendly and lovely. But dont' think I even heard him speak.

Fran - I enjoyed Fran in IACGMOOH so am expecting similar. He is very comfortable with the camera's and should provide some entertainment...has done already with the promiscuous remark.

Lee - My favourite....and he's got a big cellar!!! He dosn't live in a mock tudor house like his fellow (ex) team mates but in a 3 storey old town house with a cellar. It has all the original features you know. He seems to be warming towards Jane.

Michael - I like Michael, he may not be the brightest of bunnies but he can laugh at himself.

Paul - I liked Paul too. I have a feeling he might start to get on my nerves as the show go's on - he reminds me of a not quite so handsome Jude Law. He is good entertainment and his no holds back affection for Isabella was fun to watch....he will go off her tho.

To summerise:

Top Girl: Jane
Top Boy: Lee

So there we have it, in a nut shell.

Amen.
17-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Cat Wrote:Isabella is Pauls big love interestest at the moment,

I beg to differ from the twenty mins I saw I would say that Paul's big love interest is PAUL! ....anyway wtf is he?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
17-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I thought Paul was a complete pratt and couldn't understand why everyone seemed to like him. And god, didn't they show a lot of him wittering on to the camera about how he liked Isabella? Boring.

And the yoga people - why don't they go off to some quiet corner and do it instead of where everyone gathers so they've got an audience? Oh I think I just answered my own question.
17-05-2005, 07:59 AM
well it is trashy but i'll be watching!!!

My first impressions of the boys are:

Dislike
Calum - arrogant pr!ck, completely loves himself and has nothing interesting to say! zzzzzzz :pooh:

Fran - pretty much the same as Calum to be honest and the fact he went out with Jodie for a long time confirms he is an idiot :pooh:

No impact
Dwayne - was he in it and why is he a celeb???

Bepe - pretty much same as Dwayne - didn't hardly see him for the show

Lee - :wub: i think he is lovely!!! He is good looking, not as in your face as the rest and seems like a nice bloke, he is my fave thus far....

Paul - unlike the general concencus i like Paul! yes he's an attention seeker but he's harmless and i think seems genuine - come on "dont sepnd 16 minutes on the turbo" ..."labour should have a law to protect celebs! - he's funny!

Impressions of the girls are:
Dislike
Abbie - agree with you Cat - i dont get the attraction with abbie either, she looked v plain last night without her usual airbrushing!! and omg the way she was throwing herself at Callum...criiiiinge!! and her reaction when he said Rebecca was good looking criiiiinge again!

Lady Isabella - she seemed ok last night but i just thought she was soooooo annoyingon the games and her best firend is Jodie M

No impact
Liz, Rebecca and Judie??? - saw little or none of them but imo Rebecca is the best looking of the girls without a doubt.

Seems ok
Jayne - i've always liked her but any more of that i wanna go home to me mam and i have no friends - i could be changing my mind!!!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
17-05-2005, 08:33 AM
It started badly with Patrick Keilty folding his arms and Kelly Brook starting every line "yes..." and sounding wooden. I am not a PK fan but he managed a few good lines.

What a bunch of numpties they have gathered. If a true celebrity is someone who has a talent that can entertain and is superior to the masses then noone here qualifies.

here is my two-penneth worth..

The Girls

Abi - terrible lumpy unfit body

Isabella - Not too clever, would be dull company, nippy wee body but its just not enough.

Jayne - Chris Moyles said she was horrid and I began to see why. The crying was just pathetic and I bet she is a nasty little piece of work. The Yoga was all a bit of a show. Still at least she can have a laugh at herself.

Judi - Who - too tall and gangly?

Liz - She is ok, I reckon just a normal girl.

Rebecca - No thanks. Didnt she "marry" a japanese girls prior to the show. her "sexy" charms are oily and unattractive and she has nothing to say, also a bit fat and lumpy.

The Guys

Calum - balding, poor physique and what is that accent.

Du'aine - Seems nice enough but like many athletes dull as dishwater

Fran - nasty, talentless and unfunny - just as he was on imacgmouh.

Lee - decent bloke, funny and was a good footy player. He has a cellar and that can only be good.

Michael - Again a decent bloke, funny and vaguely normal.

Paul - Funny in a lee Evans way (for a time) but really thick - "i don't like reading" is a sad, sad line and his parents should be ashamed. He is not a celebrity, even by this standard.

If pressed I would like jenni and sharpy to get together

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
17-05-2005, 09:40 AM
I missed the 9pm show - but caught the live bits later on ITV - can someone tell me what the premise of the programme is??

Are they supposed to 'couple off'
Do they get voted off?
And if so by whom?
Do they do anything other than swim and sunbathe?

The bits I saw last night revolved around Rebecca and Abi - being buddies, with Abi desperate to make Rebecca a cup of coffee [real coffe you know, forget instant!!], then Abi being unable to make a cup of proper coffee!! So Cat's description of her looking a bit dense is spot on.

I didn't want to go down the 'who has got the best body' so I won't - but what I will say in Abi's defence, ok she is not as lithe as the others - but is a pretty regular shape and size - like the majority of the UK women. And a little bit of pot hanging over a bikini bottom is perfectly acceptable IMO.

But having said all that her knickers looked silly. They looked like a normal pair of pants - that were wedged fairly and squarely up her bottom, thereby facilitating a large lumpy bit where the material meets up her bum - like a poo bag or fart chamber!! Not nice Abi.

I didn't see any of the boys really except Fran - and he looked like his mohican blonde bit had gone ever so slightly green!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

17-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I watched this last night, and i quite enjoyed it .... but i have trouble telling the difference between Fran and Callum. They look identical.

Paul did make me laugh, and he has smashing eyes.

I think Rebecca and Abi will get it together .... was that the kind of pairing that ITV wanted :mellow:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
17-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Bonsai Wrote:I think Rebecca and Abi will get it together .... was that the kind of pairing that ITV wanted :mellow:

That would be ITV's most wanted pairing Bons!

The two most *arguably* famous tabloid celebs of the last year gettin it on in some girl on girl action - you bet they're paryin for that pairing!! :wink2:

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>