Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering monitor
12-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Flickering monitor

My monitor keeps flickering as though there is a lot of interference.
Now this monitor is a fairly old one and I'm wondering if it's on its last legs.
There is nothing different about the arrangement of the computer, no new appliances around it to cause any interference.
It's just been getting worse and worse lately, so much so that I can't read what's on the screen sometimes.

Is it something to do with the connections or is it going to blow up and refuse to work in the near future.

Anyone help?

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Flickering monitor
You could try this link Andrea!!

Not sure if they're much good though
:bag:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Flickering monitor
Andrea, my moniter at the Vicarage has flickered different colours for 4 years now - it has never blown up and still works well, just some times the whole screen is pink or blue or green - sometimes stripey!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

13-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Flickering monitor
Andrea Wrote:My monitor keeps flickering as though there is a lot of interference.
Now this monitor is a fairly old one and I'm wondering if it's on its last legs.
There is nothing different about the arrangement of the computer, no new appliances around it to cause any interference.
It's just been getting worse and worse lately, so much so that I can't read what's on the screen sometimes.

Is it something to do with the connections or is it going to blow up and refuse to work in the near future.

Anyone help?

Do you have a friend or neighbour who has a monitor you can try in place of yours? If it works OK the problem is with your monitor, if the flickering persists the problem lies elsewhere.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
14-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Flickering monitor
Andrea Wrote:My monitor keeps flickering as though there is a lot of interference.
Almost certainly. I've heard that it's possible to fix this kind of problem, but it is almost never cost effective. You can pick up a brand new monitor for £50-£100, and it will cost more than that to repair yours, in all probability.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
14-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Flickering monitor
thanks guys for your help.

looks like a trip to Dabs.com or amazon is coming up then :thumbsup:

14-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Flickering monitor
Fee For All Wrote:You could try this link Andrea!!

LMOA :laugh:

15-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Flickering monitor
Fee For All Wrote:
Moo. Tongue

The PC Problem Solver buys (almost) all of his supplies from Dabs. Smile Cheapest monitor there at the moment is a 17" CRT for £55 plus delivery. Not bad.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Flat screen monitor problem - help please? Critique 18 1,263 04-05-2005 06:44 PM
Last Post: Critique