Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flushed Away
06-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Flushed Away

Aardmans latest collaboration with Dreamworks...although it is computer animated and not plasticine models it is clearly Aardman with the humour and general apperance of the characters.

Basically Roddy a posh house rat from Hyde Park is flushed donw the loo by Sid (not my Sid) from the sewer and embarkls on a grand adventure with a girlie rat to save the mini London formed by the rats in the sewer.

I was in the largest screen at my local cinema all alone for my viewing and laugh...I nearly pinged several ribs...the slugs are hilarious and there is something for everyone IMHO...go on take the kids...take someone elses kids or simply do as I do and go alone. :laugh: :applause:

5/5

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Flushed Away
Coastie Wrote:Basically Roddy a posh house rat from Hyde Park is flushed donw the loo by Sid (not my Sid)

lmao - thanks for clearing up the confusion there Coastie!!

a couple of animations I've seen recently have been so far below par (Open Season is one example) that I really don't think I can face another one yet - maybe I'll wait for it to come out on dvd!
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Flushed Away
Whenever I see this thread title, before I even read it, I thought you were going to say you had flushed your little iddy biddy pet rats Coastie!:shocking:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
07-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Flushed Away
Dolores Wrote:lmao - thanks for clearing up the confusion there Coastie!!

a couple of animations I've seen recently have been so far below par (Open Season is one example) that I really don't think I can face another one yet - maybe I'll wait for it to come out on dvd!

Yeah, Open Season was a huge disappointment and so was Barnyard but it was better........only just but I did fall asleep at Barnyard!

Flushed away does look though, so will probably end up giving it a visit during the hols and if it becomes too boring I can always nod off!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
07-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Flushed Away
Flushed Away knocks those others to death...why? Because it's got Aardman behind it abnd therefore is filled with British humour! :w00t:

Although...Over The Hedge was quite funny....but it don't come close to the belly laughs I had at Flushed Away...the slugs had me doubled over and I am not easily amused!

Tiggs...my boys will have a full on funeral when they pass...I would never flush them...sweet little poppets!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
30-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Flushed Away
Took the kids to see this yesterday and laughed really loudly all the way through.

The slugs were my favourite but also loved the granny who was a big Tom Jones fan.

I would definitely buy this one on DVD to watch again!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT