Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly vs. ils (Football)
01-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)

It's one of the MB football clashes this Tuesday with Preston North End playing Brighton and Hove Albion at Deepdale. Now how about a bit of a bet, no prizes, just for fun. (I'd offer a prize but I neither have one, nor do I have the money to pay for one)

So who do you think will win? And by what score?

Preston need the points to keep in with a chance of a play-off place, while Brighton need them to get a more comfortable distance from the drop. Back in August Brighton beat Preston 1-0 by a Marlon Broomes own goal (I was in the barbers with him not long ago Wink) but Preston have an impressive home record having lost just two league games at Deepdale this season, and they've lost only once in their last 16 league games home and away. Brighton have lost 10 games out of 19 on the road but have beaten teams such as Sunderland, West Ham and Sheffield United this season.

Whoever is closest to the correct score wins.

I'm gonna say a 2-1 win for Preston.

P.S. I'd put this in sport but no one would see it

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
I reckon it will be Preston to win 2-0.
Sorry ils.

[Image: 429.gif]
01-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
Flyo I have no idea what you are talking about but go on I will say 5-4!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

01-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
1/2 =768

01-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
I would like to say it will be 1-2 but I think it will be 2-1

I hope I am proved wrong!
01-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
Mr P says 2-0 Preston, but that's already gone, so we'll say 3-0. Sorry ils. Blame Mr P.
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
3-1 to Brighton 1-1 in the first half then 2 more for Brighton in the second half
2 yellow cards one for each side one goal scored from a free kick. 5 corners to Brighton and 3 to Preston oops seeming a tad biased her so better shut up.

I'll wager 200 soms on Brighton winning and will eat the egg off my face if they lose.
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
You are a good Sussex girl Mazwad Big Grin
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
Crikey Mazwad, that's detailed. Ok then, 2-1 to Preston with the centre forward (do they still have such things as centre forwards?) scoring for Preston in the twenty second minute and pulling his shirt over his head to reveal a message in Egyptian Hieroglyphs which roughly translates to "take me Big Boy".

One minute before half time, Brighton equalise through an own goal scored by Preston's gk who has taken a large bribe to try and fix the match.

In the 52nd minute, the stadium announcer asks Mr Peter Jubbley to go to the hospital immediately as his wife has just given birth to a six pound two ounce baby boy.

In the 63rd minute Preston bring on a substitue called Lucky who is border collie cross, but as it doesn't say anywhere in the FA rules that dogs can't play, Lucky goes on to score Preston's second goal in the 74th minute.

In the 80th minute Lucky bursts the ball for which he is given a yellow card. In the 82nd minute he bites the linesman in the tunnel and is sent off.

The rest of the match passes without incident.
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Fly vs. ils (Football)
ilovesurvivor Wrote:You are a good Sussex girl Mazwad Big Grin

Well I did suss the sex quite early on its the contraception I had trouble with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Baby football - Is this common claire 54 3,649 28-04-2005 12:04 PM
Last Post: Patsy