Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Four astroNUTS and a moth !!! Theres a movie in there somewhere.
12-12-2005, 11:40 PM

So millions are spent on this farce...and in the end... a moth almost brings it to its knees... and the old view out the window has to be drastically rethought. I watched this tonight, and unless the entire joke is on us... its hard to believe there are people that stupid out there as these astroNUTS. Just for one moment let us think back to the Challenger disaster.... highly trained intelligent people, trained for months by NASA, watched by the entire world as they took off and controlled from the ground by the best technology the world has to offer.... and still as can happen... these unfortunate people are blown to pieces. Fast forward to an old "russian" shed for want of a better word... and these dopes who have been shown stuffed dogs...monkeys... and forced to run up and down a field by VAL !!! step into their shuttle... do the old CLUNK CLICK ever trip bit, and settle back without one ounce of sheer undiluted terror on their faces, which lets face it lads....is the ONLY expression any of them should have had on their faces if they truly believed this was real. Where was the force that should have pinned them to their seats as they took off....and as for the facade that they have no weightlessness... well....I think the only mission that should boldly go where no man has gone before... is the mission to find one working brain cell in any cranium on board this vessel. Something tells me even if they did get to look out the window at "earth" in the distance and the moth made its presence known, these morans would assume they had the pure luck of encountering alien life on their first flight !!! God help us all... Big Brother suddenly seems on a par with University Challenge all of a sudden.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Fantastic post - and i couldnt agree more.

I still think this show is a joke on us - the viewing public. As you say, these astonauts should of been peeing their pants, but instead they were all smiling and giving high fives. It doesnt ring true somehow.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
13-12-2005, 06:43 PM
I completely agree.

But, I have only ever experienced space travel through the media, tv images and grossly over exaggerated films.

So how are we to know that this is not true to life? - as it happens I do now know, as there was a Prof of Spaceness on Richard and Judy who explained the various stages of takeoff etc.

And of course, the G Force would be tremendous, and of course they would experience weightlessness - but they have been primed not to expect wieghtlessness as the magnetic doo dah has been turned off - now call me naive - if someone with a white coat and a space ship emblazened on their chest, in deepest darkest Russia told me that I would beleive them.

I know it is Ipswich - but you gotta put your mindset, they do think they are in Russia - or were befroe they wer jetisoned off to space!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

13-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Can I just say I nearly peed myself laughing when Johnny revealed the moth problem :laugh:

BB...I have thought numerous times that these people may have guessed whats going on and decided to play along none the less...I know I would but I'd also ask loads of awkward questions in an attempt to trip the 'instructors' up! :naughty:

The other thing is...would anyone with one iota of commonsense blast off into space on an aircraft which demonstrates engine troubles on start up? :wacko:

I reckon they all know whats going on but are playing along with it...also can I please give Charlie a good slapping as he really annoys me! :ranting:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Dont get me started even more !!!!! Yessssss...... a space shuttle that has trouble starting and they sit there doing high fives. As you would !!!!!!!! If that isnt the ultimate brown trouser moment, I dont know what is !!! The sight of a working microwave in a spacecraft caused a chuckle I can tell you... was half expecting to see a washing machine and tumble dryer in the corner too !!! or a flushing loo !!!! wouldnt that be a scream. Bet this lot would not pause to ponder... and just shove the undies in with the Ariel....and wait for the spin cycle to finish!

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
15-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Are moths still alive this time of year?

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!