Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foxxy!
16-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Foxxy!

On the way home from dancing we spotted a fox on the pavement a few houses down so we stopped the car and I opened the door and called out to it. The fox was only young but came running right over so I promtly closed the door. Then it stayed for ages in the garden munching on insects etc. It wouldn't go away and every time we opened the door to get out it came charging over. We were being held hostage in the car in our own drive by a fox lol! My mum managed to run inside and the fox came right up to the door to investigate, I bet it would have come inside if it was allowed. Eventually we make a break for the door like a bunch of loonies and thankfully Mr. Fox didn't have us for tea.

Do you have many foxes in your area? I hate the sound they make when they are mating - it is the most awful thing ever! I thought a baby was being attacked or something. Apparently the awful sound is actually the female who has to deal with the pain of the males 'arrow end' shape coming out of her. Nice.

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Foxxy!
Ooh Sharkey, you could have left out that last sentance.:ohmy:
16-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Foxxy!
Blimey, is that what the noise is? Don't blame her!

We have loads of foxes here Sharky, in fact we had a pair of cubs rolling around and chasing each other around the orchard one evening last summer, they were lovely to watch. Mr V the children and myself all stood in the bedroom window passing round the 'bino's to get a closer look.
16-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Foxxy!
What a nice story with such a suprising end!

Thats nothing tho, have you never heard a tortoise mate.

CLONK.... CLONK.... CLONK
16-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Foxxy!
Well I don't think I want to hear foxes or tortoises mate after reading this thread....:ohmy:
17-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Foxxy!
Cat :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why would a fox, even a fox cub be so tame? Wouldn't their natural instinct even at such a tender age be to avoid mankind at all costs. Ohhhh, Sharky what if it was an orphan and wanted you to be it's Daddy and you left it outside in the cold and the damp, starving and lonely?

Where's the sobbing icon - haven't we got one?
17-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Foxxy!
Nox Wrote:Where's the sobbing icon - haven't we got one?

No Sad - join the campaign to bring back the smilies! Wink
17-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Foxxy!
We sometimes get foxes in our car park at work. They live on a dissused railway line that runs just behind our offices.
It's not uncommon to see a fox walking around, they even go into the goods in area sometimes if the door is left open. :ohmy:
Find all posts by this user
17-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Foxxy!
Lol - nice story Sharky. Ive suddenly developed great sympathy for vixens after reading that :ohmy:

We have quite a lot of foxes in our area and some mornings when I get up I often see one lurking about the back garden. My dog goes mental at the patio door as she is desperate to run out and chase it away but the fox would kill her - she's only a little Jack Russell!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
17-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Foxxy!
A cats penis is the same :wave: