Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Freak" accidents
03-05-2005, 09:06 AM
"Freak" accidents

Have you come across any? It was reported on BBC's Top Gear website, on 29 April that somebody had managed to drive a 5 series BMW into the top floor of a house:

[Image: img01.gif]

Yes, that's a big, car-shaped hole, just above the firemen's heads.

>Brief story here<

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2005, 11:10 AM
"Freak" accidents
I saw this on the news - amazing - how on earth did it end up there??

I think I have told you this story before, but when I was on traffic, I attended the scene of an RTA on the A19 early one sunday morning.

And a cyclist was being loaded into the back of an ambulance, quite seriously injured [but not life threatening], and there was a car on the hard shoulder with the back window and back end of the car a bit of a mess.

It transpired that the cyclist [on a time trial], who was hurtling along the hard shoulder of the dual carriageway - just did not see the stationary car and plunged head first through the back window and only stopped when he hit the inside of the front windscreen.

The lady who was sitting in the car, looking at her map, was also traumatised. It was a freak accident.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

03-05-2005, 12:15 PM
"Freak" accidents
Not funny at the time, I'm sure, but as no-one was hurt.............
:w00t:

Can you imagine the shock!
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2005, 03:05 PM
"Freak" accidents
Flip, that's sooo spooky!

About 6 years ago the exact same thing happened to Mr M. He was giving a driving lesson and had pulled over to review the pupil's lesson and was stationary.

The cyclist went headfirst through the back window, seemed OK but dazed..the pupil was totally freaked out so Mr M took em all to casualty, pupil treated for shock, mad cyclist for minor cuts...and the booger gave Mr M a false address!

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
03-05-2005, 03:12 PM
"Freak" accidents
Blush I can confess to having cycled into stationary cars in the past. Too oblivious. I've always come off worse than the car...

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
03-05-2005, 04:30 PM
"Freak" accidents
Good Lord guys :shocking: - I thought this was a one off - weird and freak accident!!!

How on earth Blinkus can you cycle into a stationary vehicle?? Oh yeah - you were blinking at the time M'lud?? :wink_kiss :laugh:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

03-05-2005, 04:40 PM
"Freak" accidents
I was on my way to school, looking at the ground, thinking of the (then) girl of my dreams.

History records that when I eventually asked her out, she turned me down. So I hit the car for nothing...

03-05-2005, 04:54 PM
"Freak" accidents
Blink Wrote:I was on my way to school, looking at the ground, thinking of the (then) girl of my dreams.

History records that when I eventually asked her out, she turned me down. So I hit the car for nothing...

Awww Blink... not only broken pride but a broken heart :hug:
03-05-2005, 05:00 PM
"Freak" accidents
In hindsight it would have been a disaster anyway, so I'd rather have the bump and Mrs Blink. Smile

03-05-2005, 05:01 PM
"Freak" accidents
That thing about the flying BMW came up at work the other day - I couldn't believe it. The driver must have been going at one helluva lick to take off like that.

Marmy, did the pupil eventually go on to pass their driving test, or were they traumatised for life?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Freak accidents maxine 21 1,919 20-10-2005 08:25 AM
Last Post: Bonsai