Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Endemol point of view...is Pete a contender to win.
21-06-2006, 10:25 PM

Its all very well everyone assuming that Pete is the obvious winner...but behind the scenes do you think Endemol will allow him to go all the way. Pete's condition makes it very unlikely he could be used on too many live tv interviews without a major bleep machine situation required, plus the pressure and stress of it all may prove to be very stressful for Pete. The last thing Endemol will want is a backlash against them if Pete suffers in any way. They will be accused of exploitation at the very least. Would not surprise me if they take him to the final four at least... and maybe even the top two... but may opt for the safety of an alternate winner depending on who he is up against. After all, its all about selling the Endemol machine at the end of the day and they need someone who will be a marketable product for them. Nikki.... Glyn or even Richard would more likely fit the bill.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Are you suggesting that Endemol fix the votes? (Feins shock horror).

Since I think it's been a one horse race from the start I think they would have a major outcry if Pete doesn't win. I don't think they could pull it off with any credibility.

I've wondered, too, how they will deal with any subsequent day time interviews. I suppose with a few seconds delay they can bleep him out but, once he's done the obligatory guest appearances he will disappear into oblivion like most of the previous winners. There really isn't much scope for him to do anything else.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pete: Angel in disguise or wolf in sheeps clothing? Figaro 6 2,293 19-08-2006 10:44 AM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR
  Grace Dent's views on Nikki and Endemol's Anti-Aisleyne Campaign. Pandora 5 2,533 16-08-2006 05:38 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Pete - growing weary of him borneobabe 45 4,805 08-08-2006 10:46 AM
Last Post: floopy
  Pete maxine 32 3,625 20-06-2006 04:43 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Endemol selection techniques Dolores 2 725 11-06-2006 11:43 AM
Last Post: PJ
  Pete..without the Tourettes would he be the obvious winner? borneobabe 5 1,115 10-06-2006 03:01 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  Pete - Tourettes Bonsai 16 2,428 19-05-2006 09:45 PM
Last Post: Dolores