Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny things kids say
10-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Funny things kids say

I just had to share this.

My youngest grandson was 2 in December and I think he is quite advanced for his age (or am I just biased - lol)

He knows all the colours (even when I tried to catch him out today when I asked him what colour my jumper was cos it's lilac and he said "purple" so close enough), counts, and strings words together.

My son has taught him all the animal noises so you say "what does a cat do?" and he says meow, "an elephant?" he puts his arm up like a trunk and roars. His monkey is really funny, he does the arm movements and "Oooo, ooo" noises, etc. Son says "what does Daddy do?" and he makes his hands like a motorbike rider and says "vroom, vroom" for "mummy" he says "car" and does the actions (although my son did naughtily start teaching him to say "nag, nag, nag!" :mad2: )

Today my son said (totally unrehearsed) "What does Nanny do?" I was sitting in the armchair at the time and he thought for a while and then said "Pooter"! We all laughed and were amazed, but I felt a bit Blush

What funny or embarrassing things have your kids/grandkids said?
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Funny things kids say
One of my boys when they were very little said

'When I'm a girl.......'

He thought that when he grew up he wouldn't be a boy anymore he would change in to a girl (like his elder sister) :laugh:

We still rib him about it now :laugh:
10-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Funny things kids say
LOL Critique - so you are a secret farter then???:laugh:

Tiddles had what looked like an abscesse [god how on earth do you spell that word??] on his gum. So I made an emergency appointment at the Dentist and because it was a last minute affair - I had to go to school to pick him up and he was to miss the afternoons lessons.

This has nothing to do with the story btw - it was building the picture!!

Anyway this was a thrilling event in Tiddles life - being taken out of school, and going to the Dentists - which he loves!! So for the whole journey from school to the dentists he rambled on and on and on about nothing, absolutely nothing, complete rubbish for near on 40 mins!!!

Just as we were approaching Hexham [where the dentist was] he randonly blurted out:

'So Mummy if I drink weedkiller will you go to prison??'

We cracked up and the utter randomness and bizareness of this little nugget!

:laugh: :laugh:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Funny things kids say
When Alex our daughter was small she was trying to read a book by herself, but she clearly couldn't understand it. When we came back into the room she was wearing my wife's glasses - so she could "read the words".

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Funny things kids say
I though 'pooter' was computer..... :laugh:
10-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Funny things kids say
pre-school, when my nephew burped/farted I would say 'good burp'/'good ass' .. then he goes to school and is frowned upon for quoting his elders (Me !! Ooer) and told that he has to say 'pardon' when a wind eruption either end was happening, ....much later when rushing head long through a door on parents night, the head teacher was being sarky and held it open for him gushing "well PARDON me for being in the way" and he turns round and says "it's okay to fart Miss .. 'Good Ass' ... my sister nearly died laughing
10-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Funny things kids say
Flip Wrote:LOL Critique - so you are a secret farter then???:laugh:

Oooh Flip! Do you really think my guilty secret has been discovered by a 2 yr old? And there was me feeling embarrassed because he already knew I was a computer addict! Now you have me wondering Blush

These are all so funny, I was laughing out loud reading them. Mr. C then asked me what was funny. Apparently on the news there was a report of some awful crime about someone being chopped up and I kept laughing Blush

Any more little gems please?
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Funny things kids say
I was with my ex (she was my ex when we agreed to meet), and our daughter having a stroll in Taunton's lovely "Vivary Park"

We were walking along the grass alongside the duckie's in their little stream, she suddenly said "...let's all play ring o', rong o' roses....." - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry........so innocent.

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Funny things kids say
Aww these are lovely stories!

I was working in a pre-prep school for a while and was helping a little girl with her story writing. She came to me with her word book and asked me how to spell the word 'Hat', just to get it right I asked her what her sentence was going to be and she said "I wanted to go out and play but I hat to wait for my sister"

Oh bless! :laugh:
10-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Funny things kids say
My son says some very funny things. (this probably wont translate well on the screen, but it made me laugh out loud!)

The other week his friend (age 9) who is always boasting about how much things cost, what label they are and how much stuff he's got (I blame his mother who is very label conscious) well this lad was saying in a casual offhand manner "These jeans only cost forty quid" well if he said it once he said it a 100 times (obviously repeating his mother, who had probably been showing off that she spent £40 on a 9 year olds jeans). I was with my mum and the two of them at the time. After about the 100th time William trotted out "These jeans were really cheap, they only cost forty quid" Luke pipes up, "I don't know why you think £40 is cheap my Granny's only cost £4.00 and that's really cheap!" My mum didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the shame of William telling his hoity toity mum that her jeans only cost £4.00!!

He also does funny things ... like last night he started up a Swear Jar (for me) and a Temper Jar (for him)!!! I wouldn't mind but it's a ******** pound a time!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Funny:Deciding whether to have children?Read it once... petergomes 3 1,377 03-12-2009 03:22 PM
Last Post: ils
  Fox problems and other things... PJ 8 1,722 04-07-2007 07:13 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Things that make you go GRRRR! Coastie 32 3,577 16-06-2007 08:47 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Things that worry you.... Groucho 29 3,222 10-06-2007 12:42 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Things I couldn't care LESS about!! Dolores 42 4,702 09-06-2007 11:11 AM
  Things that make blokes proud of themselves... Seabreeze 2 986 25-04-2007 09:31 AM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Life Insurance and other morbid things ... Bonsai 23 3,442 27-02-2007 04:11 PM
  Things it pained you to throw away Seabreeze 11 1,897 10-11-2006 02:09 AM
  Odd things on the Intertron HushTheVoices 48 4,127 12-10-2006 10:35 AM
Last Post: Critique
  A Funny Thing Happened at the Office Today Groucho 13 2,591 28-09-2006 06:54 PM
Last Post: Coastie