Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G4 were plain and simply robbed!!!
13-12-2004, 12:49 AM

Well I thought Sharons comments were way OTT and unfortunately imo cost G4 the competition.

Steve was my fave from way back but watching him on the live shows every week I grew less and less impressed with him, basically he sing the same bluesy ballads and showed he didn't have a great range in his voice at all...

I could not belive it two weeks ago when Tabby was booted ahead of him when Tabby was 100 times better than him on that show. I still dont understnad it??

During the final show i hoped Steve would pull it off, he sang the first song really well but omg the other two songs were seriously seriously bad - his crap rendition of Against all odds reminded me what a good singer Phil Collins is - his version puts Steve to shame!

I was really impressed with all of G4 s performances esp the first was amazing and my friends and I said we would deffo go see them in concert (if they won) where as boring steve.... no thanks.

anyways we were all set for a G4 vistory (after all steve was appalling) when sharon comes out with this rant from hell!! I am sorry if that cow hadn't given steve prob about a million symapathy votes - victory would have been justly G4s.

We wuz robbed!!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2004, 01:57 AM
The winner of the competition was the one who polled most votes on the night........or maybe I've got it wrong. :eek:

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us
To see oursel's as others see us!'' Robert Burns.
13-12-2004, 06:44 AM
G4 were boring IMO, every song sounded the same, and blondie's voice over-dominated every song. Opera is not my thing either. They signed constantly for people to vote for them, and that got right up my nose.
None of the contestents were that great IMO, and I won't be buying any of their records, or seeing them in concert, but I still think Steve should have won. He had a much nicer tone to his voice, and I really wasn't bothered if he muffed a few notes, most people who sing live do, it's what they put into their singing that makes a difference, and he was singing from the heart.

[Image: FXCD0011.JPG]

Dillon, one of my cats who died on New Years Eve. :sad:
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2004, 12:55 PM
I too think G4 were robbed, They outsang Steve, And Sharon was only speaking her mind, good for her! :laugh:
13-12-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004573207,00.html

Sooooo they were robbed of a deal with Sony huh??

Had they won they would have been stuck with Simon's mob!
13-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Slipper Wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004573207,00.html

Sooooo they were robbed of a deal with Sony huh??

Had they won they would have been stuck with Simon's mob!

Oh Slipper, I thought you realised by now that not everything you read in the media..especially The Sun is gospel! The lads were on GMTV this morning and they certainly had not heard of the Sony deal!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-12-2004, 02:03 PM
I have always been a Freddie Mercury fan.

Many people try to sing Freddie, all fail, until now.

Jonathon can sing Freddy, and thats saying something (and I think even Pavarotti might have looked up from his spaghetti when J was singing Nessun Dorma...pretty good)
13-12-2004, 02:07 PM
I know I'm off topic, but did you see the show last night about the making of Bohemian Rhapsody, really interesting.
13-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Sylvia in Stilettoes Wrote:The winner of the competition was the one who polled most votes on the night........or maybe I've got it wrong. :eek:

We're actually discussing the way in which those votes were 'won' :bye:

http://www.theblueroom.me.uk
[Image: 1BD_button.gif]
13-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Sylvia in Stilettoes Wrote:The winner of the competition was the one who polled most votes on the night........or maybe I've got it wrong. :eek:

Chill my friend... as blue alex i am just questioning as to whether or not steve would have won were it not for sharons tyrade...

and as i said before i liked steve ... he was my absolute fave before the live show but unlike tabby, rowetta, G4 he didn't up his game on the live shows.. and gave the same average performances week after week (with the exception of the first two weeks) and thats what disappointed me - at the end of it all imo he was the least deserving of the final four to win and for me that is saying something as i think rowetta is a complete head wreck... but she upped her game for the lives show as did tabby and g4.

I cant see steve becoming another will young but hey maybe he'll prove me wrong!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>