Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
G4 - what did they say?
01-11-2004, 03:30 PM
G4 - what did they say?

I missed the first programme on Saturday and during the itv 2 programme Kate mentioned that one of the guys from G4 said something to Simon after he criticised them. Does anyone know what was said?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2004, 03:38 PM
G4 - what did they say?
Yes Max, The blonde good looking one told Simon that he (Simon) was using a choir (to enhance their sound) with his own acts but was failing to see that what G4 did, and what made them unique was that they were actually doing this for themselves.
01-11-2004, 03:41 PM
G4 - what did they say?
The blond ones called Jon....couldn't tell you any of the others names tho :eek:
01-11-2004, 03:42 PM
G4 - what did they say?
Thanks Voice.

Bless him. He's a love that one.
01-11-2004, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2004 05:02 PM by Bella.)
G4 - what did they say?
One of the others said something as well, but I can't remember what it was. I kinda got what Simon was saying though as it wasn't the best performance from G4. I do like them, but would just like to see them doing something a bit different. When they first came on and done Bohemian Rhapsody I thought they were brilliant.

I was watching the Scottish News today and there was a band that Simon Cowell has signed called El Diva (I think that was what they were called) but they are 4 classicily trained guy who are just like G4, but nicer looking! Heart So, when Louis goes on about G4 being something we ain't seen before, he is wrong because Simon has beat him to it! Tongue

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-11-2004, 05:10 PM
G4 - what did they say?
I have been trying to think what it is that I do and don't like about G4, because although I think they are different and therefore more interesting than the usual pap-idol fodder, I do have some reservations. I have decided that what I don't like about them is the fact that in covering stuff like 'Don't look back in anger' and 'Everybody hurts' they kinda sound like something your Dad or aged uncle would listen to and then tell you that they like 'modern music!' A bit like a 'Pan Pipe Moods' album, you like the songs in principle but the treatment they give them takes the edge away and just makes you feel a bit embarrassed and cringy for them!

Does that make sense?
[/font]
[font=Arial]I think they got away with 'Bohemian Rhapsody' because it is already operatic in nature and it just works acapella.
01-11-2004, 06:02 PM
G4 - what did they say?
It's the flying pickets all over again.Big Grin
01-11-2004, 06:05 PM
G4 - what did they say?
[QUOTE=Bella]One of the others said something as well, but I can't remember what it was.

It was something like "you want angry, we can do angry" he said it full of menance and a mouth full of plums! I just can't stand these four twats, they irritate me and I feel embarrassed for them!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
01-11-2004, 06:10 PM
G4 - what did they say?
LOL!!! Although G4 aren't the best looking band, and not that looks should come into it, they are definitely not as scary looking as the Flying Pickets!

You do realise Andrea, that some of our youngers members will be saying The Flying Who..............?! However us oldies know exactly who you mean...........sadly! :eek:

Andrea Wrote:It's the flying pickets all over again.Big Grin

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-11-2004, 07:19 PM
G4 - what did they say?
The flying who? Wink

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]