Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GMTV - Love it? Hate it? Let us know .....
07-12-2004, 06:20 PM

Here you go folks, a site to post what you love or hate most about GMTV.

Personally I cant stand Penny "I love me who do you love" Smith
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2004, 02:57 AM
I endure it. I work online at home and try to get through my overnight emails and stuff before someone comes down and turns it on (sigh).

I prefer it when it's presented by people I feel neutral about (John Stapleton, Penny Smith) because I can filter it out and get on with work. When people I like are presenting (Kate Garaway, Andrew Castle, Jenni Falconer, Ben Shephard) I get distracted and frequently just surrender to the inevitable and watch it. But presenters whose style I don't enjoy (Eammon Holmes, Lorraine Kelly) and the one I'm never really sure about (Fiona Phillips) really mess my mornings up.

I suppose I could move my PC into the study, but then I'd never get to see the telly! :sad:

GMTV? Honestly, I prefer silence.
08-12-2004, 07:10 AM
It never darkens my door! :laugh:

We always have the music channels on before work and school!
08-12-2004, 08:39 AM
I thoght there was another thread on this somewhere? I certainly remember typing something that isn't on this particular thread about Fiona and Eammon? Strange things are happening!Anyway i can't be bothered typing them in again!

I was addicted to RIConfusedE when it was on - yes folks I was THE viewer! and after that ended I found it very difficult to get back into the staid format of GMTV, although I do watch it sometimes.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh no for me it's Fiona - she is a horrible person! I've never liked her since she came back of her first maternity leave and said "we're the original, the best ... it's Fiona and Eammon" - completely dissing those who'd filled her shoes more than adequately! Stoopid woman!

^^^^^^^^^

.....look I found it! Aren't I clever!! I used the search engine and got a result - usually I get zilch!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-12-2004, 10:27 AM
I like looking at Kate, even though she has a long neck. Fi-ona and Eammon are just fine, homely and with their hearts in the right place.

Thing is there is no news on it really, take it from me the Weather is awful. The two, ahem, "weather presenters" are mince, the grahics are crap and oh my god don't let GMTV do any weather feature as they are the absolute limit. make sure you ALWAYS get your weather from the BBC.

Mind you watching the other 2 on BBC is worse, dry and sickly. :sick:

Ben Shepherd seems wedded to celebs so is unsuitable for main presenting, that gangly jenny was rubbish (as ben was last time) at doing the IAC links - too fake.

I like ANdrew castle as he can get cross with guests and his hair can move around in circles at times. Him and Kate are a good replacement.

I mean what else are you going to watch apart from Spongebob? :laugh:
08-12-2004, 10:39 AM
I like Andrew aswell. I think he has worked hard to ovecome his initial frostiness (IMO) and doesn't cosy up to celebs too much.

08-12-2004, 11:04 AM
isleofweather Wrote:I like looking at Kate, even though she has a long neck. Fi-ona and Eammon are just fine, homely and with their hearts in the right place.

Thing is there is no news on it really, take it from me the Weather is awful. The two, ahem, "weather presenters" are mince, the grahics are crap and oh my god don't let GMTV do any weather feature as they are the absolute limit. make sure you ALWAYS get your weather from the BBC.

Mind you watching the other 2 on BBC is worse, dry and sickly. :sick:

Ben Shepherd seems wedded to celebs so is unsuitable for main presenting, that gangly jenny was rubbish (as ben was last time) at doing the IAC links - too fake.

I like ANdrew castle as he can get cross with guests and his hair can move around in circles at times. Him and Kate are a good replacement.

I mean what else are you going to watch apart from Spongebob? :laugh:
I think i agree with everything you have put above - although what do you mean about Andrew Castles hair :unsure:

I really dislike Penny Smith. She just witters away thinking she is funny and cracking some god awful jokes. She is always butting into the other presenters interviews, and i cringe every time she is on the telly. She is only any good at reading the news, although she is always clearing her throat and making some stupid joke before she hands back to the main presenters.

I love Andrew Castle and Kate Garraway. They are both naturals and i love it when they fill in for about 10 weeks over the summer when Fiona and Eamon are off work. They should definately give them the job full time.

Eamon and Fiona are ok, although in small doses. I like Eamon more. Fiona is like a simpering school girl most of the time and her interview technique is pretty pants.

Ben Sheppard and Jenny were good, but i think they have lost the edge now. Ben is permanently acting the fool, and Jenny is too glamourous to be on GMTV. She is the next Cat Deeley.

As for Lorraine, i cant stand her - and i turn off when her show comes on. I cant believe that she now presents This Morning 3 days a week too Huh

As for the weather girls, i like them both. Mr hubby fancies one of them, but i cant remember their names :unsure:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
08-12-2004, 11:23 AM
I always liked Kate Garraway until i read that she'd gone to some film premiere (some animated film) and she was (allegedly) outraged to be sat amongst "nobodies" and complained loudly until it was pointed out to her that she was actually sat with the animators, script writers and producers! It just tinged my opinion of someone who is in effect themselves a nobody (cos this is she how she presents herself in my opinion, "the everso 'umble Kate Garraway who no man finds attractive" - oh yeh!)

08-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I enjoy GMTV and I like Eammon Holmes and the sparring with Fiona. I cannot stand the supercilious and rather odd Penny Smith. There is another woman I absolutely detest - Jackie someone - blonde hair - I remember her interviewing Holley Wells/Jessica Chapman's grandparents just after they disappeared and was asking them the most ridiculous insentivie questions, that woman should have been sacked!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fiona leaving GMTV MariaRob 4 2,161 02-09-2008 12:28 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Heather Mills on GMTV this am MariaRob 4 1,014 02-11-2007 01:38 AM
Last Post: Flyo
  GMTV some questions isleofweather 38 5,040 23-05-2007 01:44 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Whose voice do you love? Woodstock 27 2,229 20-08-2006 11:57 PM
Last Post: Northern angel