Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay jokes/ forwards
21-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Gay jokes/ forwards

Do you find gay jokes/forwards offensive or not?

I had a forward yesterday ... I've pasted a bit of it below. I just want to know, do gay people find this offensive or do they have a laugh over things like this too? How about straight people? I don't have any gay friends (though one of my family members is gay) so I'm not sure whether to laugh or not.

Eight sure-fire ways to tell if you are gay...

1. If you are over thirty and you have a washboard stomach, you are gay.
It means you haven't sucked back enough beer with the boys and have spent the rest of your free time doing sit-ups, aerobics, and the Oprah diet.

2. If you have a cat, you are a Flaaaaming homo. A cat is like a dog, but gay
- it grooms itself constantly but never scratches itself, has a delicate touch except when it uses its nails, and whines to be fed. And just think about how you call a dog... "Killer, come here! I said get your ass over here, Killer!"
Now think about how you call a cat..."Bun-bun, come to daddy, snookums!"
Geeez, you're fit to be framed, you're so gay.

3. If you suck on lollipops, Ring-Pops, baby pacifiers, or any such nonsense,rest assured, you are a Gaylord. A straight man only sucks on bar-b-que ribs, crab claws, raw oysters, crawfish guts, pickled pigs feet, or t1ts.
Anything else and you are in training to suck El Dicko and undeniably a fag.

... and it goes on

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2005, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2005 09:34 PM by Pandora.)
Gay jokes/ forwards
No idea if someone gay would "have laugh about it" or not, but I didnt raise a smile - simply because it isnt funny in the least.

Its extremely "americanised" for starters, talking about pacifers and ring pops - whatever a ring pop is. As I said, the email just isnt in the slightest bit amusing IMO, and the final line is I believe meant to be offensive....

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Gay jokes/ forwards
I might be wrong, but I've seen the whole e-mail and I believe it's actually satirising American/Australian style homophobia.

For the record, I found broadly amusing.

So sue me! :devil:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
21-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Gay jokes/ forwards
I don't suppose this type of humour is any different to the type that pokes fun at the stereotypical dumb, useless male, or the inherently bimbo-ish female - you can sort of recognise diluted qualitites of it in the stereotype it is aimed at.

I have gay friends who would not be offended by this, I am not offended by it - and neither am I offended by the type poked at females - but I know females that would be.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

21-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Gay jokes/ forwards
I agree with Flip. I don't find it amusing, not because it's none PC, because I'll hold my hands up and say I often find none PC jokes funny, but just because IMO it lacks humour. Mainly due to what Pandora mentioned - it's very Americanised and doesn't pack that subtle British punch that raises a smile.
22-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Gay jokes/ forwards
What's a "forward" ... is it a gay who's in your face all the time?

I didn't find it offensive at all, but it wasn't that funny either.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
22-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Gay jokes/ forwards
claire Wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh or not.

If you find it funny, laugh, if you don't, don't.

No-one can tell you what to find offensive; e.g. pretending to find racist jokes offensive when actually you find them funny, doesn't mean you're not a racist, just because you didn't laugh at a joke about it.

Also, I don't think you need to have a gay friend in order to understand the issues behind homophobia - would you need to personally know a starving ethiopian before you donated any money?

Bollox to potplants
22-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Gay jokes/ forwards
I reckon someone, somewhere, is going to be offended at any joke.

Didn't really think this one is amusing, certainly the last bit is a bit offensive, (to me) but I have a gay friend who often sends me similar jokes...but they usually ARE funny, he may be American but he has a wicked sense of humour!

I suppose its the same as saying, do Welsh people laugh at sheep jokes, do Scots laugh at kilt jokes, and as Flip mentioned, do males and females laugh at men v women and bimbo jokes.
I suppose that if you re secure in yourself, you can either laugh at or brush off such humour, unless its nasty and meant to be so.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
22-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Gay jokes/ forwards
I think whoever came up with that load of tosh needs to find something else to do with their life. They are obviously lacking. :glare:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
22-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Gay jokes/ forwards
I don't particularly think these are offensive, I have seen far worse but for me, they are really not funny!