Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay stereotypes
12-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Gay stereotypes

why oh why are the gay men on BB so stereotypical.

There's Derek with his affected speech and mannerisms.

And the other two - Shirley Bassey and cry-baby Craig - pantomime dames the two of them.

Now I suppose my question is - are they really representative of what being gay is about? To be gay, do you have to look or sound as if you are taking off a woman, all limp wristed and lithping voice? (even though few women are really like that).

Yours, back to the wall,
SF

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Gay stereotypes
I think that's Anthony that you're looking for.....the guy who acts ultra-hetro, but in actual fact is deceiving himself!

Eugene is obviously asexual, but my guess is he's afraid of women, so will end up in a homosexual relationship by default.

My question would be "where are all the straight stereotypes?"

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
12-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Gay stereotypes
One of my best friends is a gay man, who displays none of the obvious stereotypical characteristics, as SF describes. This, in fact, made it very difficult for me not to fancy him when I first knew him.

This makes me wonder how and when these characteristics became "typical" and why and when these gay men started to display them.
12-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Gay stereotypes
survivorfan Wrote:why oh why are the gay men on BB so stereotypical.

There's Derek with his affected speech and mannerisms.

And the other two - Shirley Bassey and cry-baby Craig - pantomime dames the two of them.

Now I suppose my question is - are they really representative of what being gay is about? To be gay, do you have to look or sound as if you are taking off a woman, all limp wristed and lithping voice? (even though few women are really like that).

Yours, back to the wall,
SF

probably the reason is the same as why are all the hetro males so oiky and faux macho and all the girls so girlie and gossipy. Everyone who enters is a stereotype in some way. I think it attracts that type.

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Gay stereotypes
Groucho Wrote:My question would be "where are all the straight stereotypes?"

They were all on that show Playing it Straight! (or is that answering the worng question - thats where all the non-stereotype gays were, which come to think of it is totally different from the straight stereotypes - oh well - just confused as usual)

6 gay guys and 6 straight guys trying to convince a woman they were straight. Two of the earlier guys she eliminated as "obviously gay" because of their effeminate look and mannerisms turned out to be straight. She ended up losing and picking a gay guy at the end, and he was definitely not camp in any way. He had me fooled too until I learned he was Mr. Gay UK 1999 (look him up).
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Gay stereotypes
A Faggot's, a Faggot is'nt it? only joking! every man wants to be a women really, We are the superior race. Tongue
31-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Gay stereotypes
1) If you are over thirty and you have a washboard stomach, you are gay. It means you haven't sucked back enough beer with the boys and have spent the rest of your free time doing sit-ups, aerobics, and doing the Oprah diet.

2) If you have a cat, you are a Flaaaaming homo. A cat is like a dog, but gay - it grooms itself constantly but never scratches itself, has a delicate touch except when it uses its nails, and whines to be fed. And just think about how you call a dog ... "Killer, come here! I said get your ass over here, Killer!" Now think about how you call a cat..."Bun-bun, come to daddy, snookums!" Jeeezus, you're fit to be framed, you're so gay.

3) If you suck on lollipops, Ring-Pops, baby pacifiers, or any such nonsense, rest assured, you are a Gaylord. A straight man only sucks on bar-b-cue ribs, crab claws, raw oysters, crawfish guts, pickled pigs feet, or tits. Anything else and you are in training to suck El Dicko and undeniably a fag.

4) If you refuse to take a dump in a public bathroom or **** in a parking lot, you crave a deep homosexual relationship. A man's world is his bathroom; he defecates and urinates where he pleases.

5) If you drink decaf coffee with skim milk, you like a high hard one in the poop chute. Coffee is to be had strong, black, and full aroma. A straight man will never be heard ordering a "Decaf Cafe Latte with Skim" and he will never, ever know what artificial sweetener tastes like. If you've had NutraSweet in your mouth, you've had a man there too.

6) If you know more than six names of colors or four different types of dessert, you might as well be handing out free passes to your ass. A real man doesn't have memory space in his brain to remember all of that crap as well as all the names of all the players in the Major league, NFL, NBA, college ball, PGA and NASCAR. If you can pick out chartreuse or you know what a "fressier" is you're gay. And if you can name ANY type of textile other than denim, you are faggadocious.

7) If you drive with both hands on the wheel, forget it, you're dying to tune a meat whistle. A man only puts both hands on the wheel to honk at a slow-ass driver or to cut the punk off. The rest of the time he needs that hand to change the radio station, eat a hamburger, hold his beer, or play with his pussy in the passenger seat.

8) If you enjoy romantic comedies or French films, mon-frere, vous le Gay, oui? The only time it is acceptable to watch one of those is with a woman who knows how to reward her man. Watching any of the above films by yourself or with another man is likely to result in SHC (spontaneous homosexual combustion), which is what happens to fags when they flame out too quickly.
31-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Gay stereotypes
Wasn't funny the first time either :glare:

Bollox to potplants