Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostly pictures
26-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Ghostly pictures

I've done a thread like this before but it went down like a lead balloon. But I'm trying it again since I love paranormal stuff.

Each day I shall post up a new ghost picture and a brief description of it and we can discuss it etc. (feel free to add your own)

Ok here goes:

The Brown Lady

This is the most famous ghost picture which was taken in Sept 1936.
The ghost is thought to be that of Lady Dorothy Townshend, wife of Charles Townshend, 2nd Viscount of Raynham, residents of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England in the early 1700s. (Yes, this has been googled)
It is thought that Charles discovered his wife was having an affair and locked her in a remote corner of the house until she died.
She is said to haunt the oak stair case (seen in the picture) and other parts of Raynham Hall and has been seen on many occasions since.
The photographer of this photo claimed to have seen an "ethereal veiled form coming slowly down the stairs" prompting him to take the picture.

[Image: brown_lady_lg.jpg]

So, what do we think of this striking picture?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Ghostly pictures
Call me cynical but it could just be condensation on the camera lens or a bounced reflection Smile
26-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Ghostly pictures
Critique Wrote:Call me cynical but it could just be condensation on the camera lens or a bounced reflection Smile
Excellent crit, that's the sort of stuff we want - a good old debate!
I myself don't know what to think about this picture. I'm always a bit weary of pictures with these "glowing objects".

Anyone else?

[/SIZE]
26-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Ghostly pictures
I do believe that ghosts exist but think this could be as Crit has described.....or someone has sneezed on the lens. :sick:

Is there any proof that Ghosts can be photographed now there's a thought?!:wacko:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Ghostly pictures
When we were in Wales we went to the Danyr Ogof (sp) Caves. I took some pics which all came out OK but this one - which was taken in a part of the cave that is licensed for marriages - came out like this:

[Image: wales4sm.jpg]

When I saw it my only reaction was that it was condensation because it was damp in there, of course. It definitely wasn't cigarette smoke because smoking wasn't allowed.

D'ya think I captured a ghostly aparition? Smile
26-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Ghostly pictures
Nah...it was the person in front...they pooted as you took the shot! :sick:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Ghostly pictures
Was it cold Crit? I took a similar picture once and wondered what it was until my husband pointed out it was probably my breath as it was freezing. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Ghostly pictures
I think this is pretty amazing:

This photograph commonly seen on the web was taken after an auto accident. The passengers in the car survived, which lead some to believe an angel assisted them.
[Image: angels_exist.jpg]

26-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Ghostly pictures
There wasn't anyone in front Coastie so that blows off your theory Wink

And it wasn't cold enough to make my breath cloudy Tiggs. I just think it was the damp in there got into the camera :wacko:

That's pretty spooky Coastie :wacko:
26-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Ghostly pictures
Excellent additions! (This thread is already doing better now than my last one on this subject did...)

Coastie I've seen that photo before. I dunno, I think it looks fake.

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Random Pictures...come hither. Cat 73 4,846 08-10-2006 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ziller
  Pictures of you Bonsai 39 2,591 16-06-2006 04:36 AM
Last Post: msgirl