Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Hour
20-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Golden Hour

I think the programm I'm talking about it Golden Hour - the first episode was on ITV last Wednesday.
It's about the first hour after and accident and the work the helicopter doctors do.

I though it was ok.....a few too many flashbacks for my liking...and the boy going under the wheels of the bus must've been shown 10+ times.
But for Wednesday night viewing it was ok.

I think the bits with the kids was supposed to pull at the heart strings....but the bit that got me was the old lady and when the police took her bag to her husband.

Also....I'm not keen on the title of the show......sounds much too like Golden Shower!

I'll be watching again this week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Golden Hour
It's aclled the Golden Hour but it runs for 1.5hrs...what's that all about Huh

Anyway....not great but certainly watchable when there's nothing else on.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Golden Hour
The reason it's called the Golden Hour is because the first hour after any accident is the most vital for the paramedics. Their actions and descisions in that first hour can save your life, or maim and kill you, it's all to do with the clock ticking down, and does actually show you what happens - including the storyline behind all the people involved. I have a friend who is a flying Para, and so I find this all very interesting, I will have to ask him when I see him next just how true to life it all is. I would guess it was very close though, a programme like this would be ripped to shreds if it wasn't!

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Golden Hour
Eternity Wrote:I have a friend who is a flying Para, and so I find this all very interesting, I will have to ask him when I see him next just how true to life it all is. I would guess it was very close though, a programme like this would be ripped to shreds if it wasn't!

In the telly pages from The Times on a Saturday they have quite an amusing article where those who do the job give a critique of the tv programme which depicts them.

This week it was Teachers and I rather enjoyed reading it ... although I never saw a single episode of Teachers the trailers always looked very good. The real life Teachers thought overall it was very true to life, the staff room cliques, the childishness of some of the teachers, but other areas not so true to life, ie. getting to school at the same time as the kids, drinking in a pub where a rival school's teachers drank (!) and not caring about the kids ... cos apparently real life teachers do!

Anyway I've gone off topic ... but in a good way don't you think?! (answers on a "approval" rep please!!!!).

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Golden Hour
I didn't bother with the last in the series....I switched to watch Numbers on BBC3 (I think it was)...anyway 9pm same night as Golden Hour...

I just thought Golden Hour was boring...cheesey...and well sh!te! :unsure:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]