Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good evening all
23-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Good evening all

Hi there. Remember me? I'm back from me travels to deepest Wales.

Horrible journey to Tenby, it was hot and sticky and the train was like a cattle truck for the last 1½ hours of the 7 hour journey. Still, got a nice warm welcome from brother and sis-in-law and had a good week cos the weather was glorious. Did a great deal of begger all really. Did help SIL to do a bootsale on the Thursday and got scorched. I was a bit miffed because my brother is a complete computer addict and he knows I am but he wouldn't let me go on his computer!! How weird is that?

Was coming home on the Monday but didn't have the courage to actually pass through Llanelli without letting hubby's brother and his wife know that I was in that neck of the woods. Consequently, I found myself saying that "of course I am going to stay with you for a few days before I go home" whereas I really did want to get home by then.

Anyway, apart from a horrendous journey home again because the train was delayed and then too full to pick up any passengers from Llanelli so they sent a coach to take us to Swansea, that's about it.

I got home at 6.30 pm yesterday and flaked out. Hardly glanced at my new computer which was up and running alongside my old one.

Have spent most of today transferring stuff from old one to new one and tearing my hair out in the process - lol.

Just thought I would pop on and say hi to everyone. Can you all give me a potted version of what's been going on here in the last 2 weeks :naughty:

Just a quick run down of who has said what to who cos I haven't had time to read all the messages :ninja:

By the way, heard from Mazza earlier. She's back from EuroDisney today and has had a wonderful time so hope we will hear all about it when she's caught up with herself.

Too tired to play tonight. Give me a few days to get up to speed. Great to be home :thumbsup:

Not used to this new keyboard yet - had to keep correcting. Never mind, I will soon have all the letters rubbed off like on my old one :ohmy:
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Good evening all
Oh hello you!

Gossip, you want gossip?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :naughty:

Tell your brother he's a spoil sport, but maybe he had your best interest at heart. Who would want to log on to a forum on their hols :bag:

Glad you had a good time, nice to see you back :bye:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Good evening all
Good to see you back Crit :bye:

It was a bit mean of your brother not to let you have a little go on his computer but at least you have your new one now to make up for it! :thumbsup:
24-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Good evening all
Welcome back Critique glad you had a good time.

I love holidays, but i like the feeling of belonging i get when i first open the door on getting home.
Did you bring me any Lava bread back?Smile
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Good evening all
Bob Wrote:Oh hello you!

Gossip, you want gossip?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :naughty:

Tell your brother he's a spoil sport, but maybe he had your best interest at heart. Who would want to log on to a forum on their hols :bag:

Glad you had a good time, nice to see you back :bye:

Lol @ Bob. Well it wasn't really a holiday, just visiting family and I wanted to let everyone know that I was going to be away longer than I first thought. Don't know what my brother's problem was though cos he lets the grandkids play about on it. Perhaps, knowing that I'm computer literate he was worried I might see something I shouldn't?

I gave hubby a tutorial over the phone on how to send an email, bless him, so he could let my friend from my own MSN Group know where I was Smile

Secrets Wrote:Did you bring me any Lava bread back?

I did try but I didn't have room in my case so I had to eat it to get it home :w00t:
24-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Good evening all
Critique Wrote:Don't know what my brother's problem was though cos he lets the grandkids play about on it. Perhaps, knowing that I'm computer literate he was worried I might see something I shouldn't?

Sounds like it Crit :w00t:
24-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Good evening all
Hiya Crit and welcome home!

Critique Wrote:Perhaps, knowing that I'm computer literate he was worried I might see something I shouldn't?

My first thought! :kid:
24-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Good evening all
Welcome back Crit:bye:

Good to hear you've had a nice time.

And as for the gossip, you only need to ask Bob and Ils what they have been up to:w00t:

[Image: 429.gif]
24-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Good evening all
Hiya Crit, glad to see you back. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
24-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Good evening all
Andrea Wrote:And as for the gossip, you only need to ask Bob and Ils what they have been up to:w00t:

What are you implying young lady, may I ask? :ohmy: :ohmy:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good news! karenh 12 3,550 09-01-2009 08:41 PM
Last Post: Spooky
  Not so good news.... karenh 12 3,486 22-12-2008 01:03 PM
Last Post: karenh
  The Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Thread Critique 84 8,920 23-06-2007 05:54 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  Quick question for you good people.... Figaro 24 4,023 15-01-2007 04:12 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Good Morning Sunshines... msgirl 2 912 01-11-2006 02:14 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Cooking when drunk .... is it EVER a good idea?! Dolores 3 995 20-10-2006 10:16 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Are women any good at men's sports? Northern angel 29 3,573 03-05-2006 06:37 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  when good threads go bad... Dolores 104 7,165 09-03-2006 03:27 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Have you all had a good week? Northern angel 13 2,190 28-02-2006 11:59 AM
Last Post: jaycee
  Good Luck Rob! ils 32 2,588 27-02-2006 08:27 PM
Last Post: ils