Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP - Avatar problems!
09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!

Dear anyone who can help...

I am unable to access my photobucket account from work due to recent updates to the network...I hate I.T:wallbash: ...as a result I am unable to change my Christmas avatar back to my regular one.

Is there anyway someone can change it for me or am I destined to be forever Santa Coastie? :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2007, 08:39 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
That's a tough one coastie. The only thing I can think of is that you would have to message someone that you trust with your life, your SO login details and password and also your photobucket login details and password, then log out of SO so they could log in as you, access your photobucket account and change your avatar.

Don't know how else it could be done, unless you can get access to another computer soon, that will let you go to photobucket.
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
I guess I can try when I am next down the library...I just feel a bit odd still hanging out with my Santa hat on...Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
Don't worry Coastie - it hardly notices Big Grin and remember Bob kept hers on all last year :good:

PS - I'm not at all upset that you don't trust me with your life Wink
09-01-2007, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2007 09:04 PM by survivorfan.)
HELP - Avatar problems!
Alternative:

Email someone eg me the avatar.

I put it on my photobucket then put a link to it in a post.

You copy the link and use that as the URL of the image.

I'll pm you my email address so you can send it if you want to.

ALTERNATIVELY

and this is easier if it lets you:

save the image to your desktop and upload it from there when changing your avatar - I haven't tried lately but from memory I think it might let you do that

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
I have just had a brain wave...will try something and get back to you all! :good:

09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
Yay it worked...although it did cause my PC to have a wobble but I am back and hat free...woooo! :yahoo:

Thank-you SF and Crit for your kind offers of help...I was,as it turns out, just being a numpty and ignored the obvious alternative to photo-bucket...go to the original source of the avatar...der! :wallbash:

09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
Well done Coastie. I must admit that my suggestion was based on the fact that I thought Photobucket was the only source of your avatar and that it was "locked" in there. Silly me :ninja:
09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
HELP - Avatar problems!
Critique Wrote:Well done Coastie. I must admit that my suggestion was based on the fact that I thought Photobucket was the only source of your avatar and that it was "locked" in there. Silly me :ninja:

No...not silly you...thick me for leading you to think that way! :wallbash:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Server problems! ils 13 1,048 25-11-2005 04:04 PM
Last Post: Cerise
  Windows XP startup problems tigger 2 416 08-09-2005 04:32 AM
Last Post: Blink
  Setting up an Avatar Cat 2 366 14-08-2005 09:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  PJs Computer Problems revisted PJ 8 787 11-03-2005 12:21 PM
Last Post: Blink