Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Straighteners
18-12-2005, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2005 12:49 PM by Bella.)
Hair Straighteners

Ok, need some advice from anyone who has these. Mr B is going to get me a pair of these for my Christmas, I have a pair at the moment but they aren't all that good.

I am thinking of getting the wet2dry kind, as it really would save time when I wanted to straighten my hair as it would all be done at once.

I have seen the Babyliss one and there is also the one that is shown on TV that is actually called Wet 2 Straight by Remington - anyone recommend either of these?

Cheers! :xmastree: :xmastree2:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Hair Straighteners
I have a ConAir one but I'd make sure it has ceramic plates...less damaging to your hair. I put a product called 'Frizzease' by John Frieda on my hair and let it get dry about half way either by time or cool setting on hair dryer and then straighten.:wink2:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
18-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Hair Straighteners
Intrestingly enough, what's your take on guys straightening their hair?*

[SIZE="1"]*this is not a confession...[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
18-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Hair Straighteners
Msboy #1 does it DAILY and he's not ashamed!!! He's got JUST enough body w/a little curl courtesy on my Mom and my hubby that his hair waves and frizzes and he insists on wearing it long on top. So he straightens.:laugh:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
18-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Hair Straighteners
PJ Wrote:Intrestingly enough, what's your take on guys straightening their hair?*

[SIZE="1"]*this is not a confession...[/SIZE]

I did that once, looked a bit weird though...
18-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Hair Straighteners
Bella I repeat do not, DO NOT buy babyliss or remington hair straighteners. They are complete rubbish. I made that mistake so know from experience. Not sure about the wet 2 dry ones either as I would imagine it would singe your hair. I know if Alyssa's hair is damp when I straighten it, it hisses at me. I guess it does a lot of damage. It's best to do it when it is freshly washed and dried, maybe even waiting an hour after drying. Also with straighteners, it does pay to buy the more expensive brands, 'you get what you pay for' really does count with straighteners. We have Thermo Ceramic Hair Straighteners and they are really good. A lot of the professionals use them. I think you can get them from Sally's Beauty Supply. My hairdresser got me these, but she got them wholesale for £35. I think they sell for about £70 retail though. Ceramic plates are a must and thin counts also.

I have seen some advertised lately on TV, Tresemmee, I think? They look very similar to mine.

Hope that helps. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
18-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Hair Straighteners
PJ Wrote:Intrestingly enough, what's your take on guys straightening their hair?*

I don't have enough hair to straighten!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
18-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Hair Straighteners
tigger767 Wrote:Bella I repeat do not, DO NOT buy babyliss or remington hair straighteners. They are complete rubbish. I made that mistake so know from experience. Not sure about the wet 2 dry ones either as I would imagine it would singe your hair. I know if Alyssa's hair is damp when I straighten it, it hisses at me. I guess it does a lot of damage. It's best to do it when it is freshly washed and dried, maybe even waiting an hour after drying. Also with straighteners, it does pay to buy the more expensive brands, 'you get what you pay for' really does count with straighteners. We have Thermo Ceramic Hair Straighteners and they are really good. A lot of the professionals use them. I think you can get them from Sally's Beauty Supply. My hairdresser got me these, but she got them wholesale for £35. I think they sell for about £70 retail though. Ceramic plates are a must and thin counts also.

I have seen some advertised lately on TV, Tresemmee, I think? They look very similar to mine.

Hope that helps. Smile

What make are they Tigger? Most of the straighteners are Thermo Ceramic - GHS claim they are better than GHD. I have searched for reviews and now I am just rather confused as there are they all conflicting! Maybe I should stay curly..................Huh

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
18-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Hair Straighteners
Bella the brand name is Thermo. It's in capital letters in orange on the top. Also on the it says Hair Tools on the sides of the hinge. All the writing is in orange. Hope that helps. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
19-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Hair Straighteners
you beat me too it tiggs!!!!!!

go for ceramics!!!! jade uses ghd's and swears by them, and she also has some we got from sally's on sis's trade card!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hair disasters maxine 65 5,517 24-06-2006 08:36 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Long hair/Short hair Flyo 22 2,475 16-12-2004 11:36 AM
Last Post: ils
  Hair Update PJ 23 3,287 02-11-2004 09:13 PM
Last Post: Marmoset