Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween
31-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Halloween

Do you look forward to this evening, or do you hate it and stay in with all windows shut and the curtains closed ?

I have to say that i used to hate it. Where we lived previously the kids that came around were roughly about 15 years old, hadn't dressed up and wanted hard cash !! Needless to say i used to shut myself in the house and not answer the door.

Now though its completely different. I live on a circle of houses, and there are no other houses nearby, so the only kids I see are the ones i know. They come around dressed up wonderfully with their parents, and i always make sure i have plenty of mini choccie bars in to put in their pumpkins pots.

I saw on the news this morning that the police will be out in force this evening in many areas as they are little sods. If you dont give them anything you are likely to get a firework in your letter box. I feel for people who live in those areas.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Halloween
We don't really have a lot of kids coming round, only ones that we know. I get a big box of sweets & chocs.............and then don't answer the door and sit & stuff my face!!!

Abbie is going to her Nursery Hallow'een Party tonight and is dressed up as a witch:

[Image: AbbieWitch2-1.jpg]

Katie is going to a Hallow'een party tonight with some friends, and I think they are going her friend's neighbours.

I think it sad that there are a minority of thugs who are hell-bent on destroying fun for everyone else.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
31-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Halloween
I'm always surprised how quickly the year flies by when another Halloween, dontchahateit/dontchaloveit thread appears. Or maybe I've been on this board too long!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Halloween
survivorfan Wrote:I'm always surprised how quickly the year flies by when another Halloween, dontchahateit/dontchaloveit thread appears.
Beggin' your pardon sir. I thought i would start a new thread .... seeing as new threads are kinda few and far between these days.

You dont have to post on it if you dont want to. Your choice entirely.

31-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Halloween
I like it when the little kids dress up and come round with their parents. I got some small chocolate pumpkiins with smarties in for them. That is a bit of fun but on the other hand I saw on the telly this morning that gangs of young yobs in Manchester are making the night before Halloween, i.e. 30th Octoberr, "Mischief Night" which means throwing stones and eggs at cars, buses and even people - bit worrying!
31-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Halloween
[img][img][Image: dogghosts-1.jpg][/img][/img]
31-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Halloween
I will be shutting my door firmly and turning out the lights at the front, this town seems quite fond of Halloween, but I don't want chocolate and sweets in my house cos I'm on a diet and Samuels not allowed them. Samuels childminder tried giving out boxes of raisins last year and apprantly that wasn't a popular move.

I did send Samuel to her dressed as a pumpkin today though Big Grin
31-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Halloween
I'll be getting ready for work shortly...I'll have 12 3-4yr olds dressed up and sugared up by naptime...and I'll have to change them back to their street clothes:mad2: :mad2: ! I'll need a drink or 6...can anyone send me an express bottle of Absolute??

Msboy #2 is going round to family only dressed as a Jedi Master...all home-made by moi!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
31-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Halloween
I love the piccie of the dogs dressed up :w00t: Maybe i should try that :bag:

Edited to say - that makes me sound like i think im a dog. Well, maybe i am - but i meant my real life mutts !!

31-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Halloween
Hate it! Don't answer the door and don't let my kids go trick or treating.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Halloween.....wooo0000ooooh Cat 17 2,074 01-11-2004 12:05 AM
Last Post: Cat