Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamper Firm goes into Administration
16-10-2006, 02:52 PM

Well you learn something new every day.... I seem to remember this being a very 70s thing and didn't think that people still did hampers any more - it's certainly something I'd never considered. Personally I'd either just load up as and when I saw offers in the supermarket or if I couldn't do that I'd put the money aside each week so that I'd got enough to buy everything with. It also means I wouldn't end up with two tins of Spam that I couldn't use when summer rolled around. I do feel sorry for these people though as it`s the last thing you want to hear at this time of year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6054882.stm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes I feel extremely sorry for them as they are the people who can least afford to lose the money. The "Christmas Club" is quite an old fashioned concept tho, why dont people just put the money into a building society and then go off to Tescos? I am sure it said on the Tele this morning that a woman on benefits had put in £7k, if that is true how on earth could she afford to do that?
Find all posts by this user
17-10-2006, 09:35 PM
If anyone has lost money through this, here's some information,from another site I visit, about what to do and who to contact.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2006, 08:20 AM
From what i understand this wasnt just a hamper firm. You bought toys, wrapping and all sorts of gifts from this site. Its a massive shame as a lot of people who would have trouble savings under normal circumstances found paying into this easier, and surefire way of giving their kids a good Christmas.

I hope they get some of their money back.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user