Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanging Baskets!
29-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Hanging Baskets!

This weekend I plan to blitz my garden and also to prepare my hanging baskets. I have 7. Usually I just stick with Geraniums as they are easy, hardy and look lovely against the white washed walls...but I was thinking about adding more ivy so I can leave the baskets in place through out the year - which I do anyway, but so they look nicer. Would this work I wonder?

Has anyone any suggestions?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Hanging Baskets!
Burn them and replace them with gargoyles

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
29-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Hanging Baskets!
My gardening skills are on the same level as my culinary skills Blush but last year I stuffed one New Guinea Busy Lizzy in the middle of my hanging basket (couldn't be ar$ed pulling all them little ones through the holes in the sides) and I put some ivy round the edges. It looked splendid.

The ivy lasted all the year without any interference from me and the basket is now sporting a couple of silk flowers that were headed for the dustbin until I decided to stick them in strategic places in my poor neglected flower bed and basket. (double Blush)
29-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Hanging Baskets!
I adore hanging baskets, and would have them dangling from every bracket if i had my way.

We havent got any yet ...... but i have a cunning plan .... more cunning than cunning to sort that out this weekend.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
29-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Hanging Baskets!
do you know I went out last night and we had a demonstration on putting hanging baskets together.

I didn't do one cause I've never had any before.
But one idea I did like was to put some tomatoes in a hanging basket, they are a special type, called trailers or something like that.
Hanging basket with a purpose:thumbsup:

[Image: 429.gif]
29-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Hanging Baskets!
Just had to treat you to a view of my last year's trailing ivy resplendant with this year's redundant silk flowers :laugh:

[Image: basket1.jpg]

Now come on - admit that you're all jealous - hehehehehe

(If you're not careful I'll show you them in the flower bed in the garden) :wacko:
29-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Hanging Baskets!
Critique Wrote:My gardening skills are on the same level as my culinary skills Blush

Snap!

I love looking at well kept gardens but I have bothered with one myself as I know the flowers/plants wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with my boys and their footballs/basketballs/tennis balls etc. So all I have in my front garden is a drive and a bit of lawn and in the back, a patio and a bit of lawn!
29-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Hanging Baskets!
Critique Wrote:Just had to treat you to a view of my last year's trailing ivy resplendant with this year's redundant silk flowers :laugh:

[Image: basket1.jpg]

Against my better judgement I have to say that I find your hanging basket rather charming. :laugh:
29-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Hanging Baskets!
Article from The Independent on hanging baskets.

'A bit naff' and dangerous apparently...:laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
29-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Hanging Baskets!
Fee For All Wrote:Article from The Independent on hanging baskets.

'A bit naff' and dangerous apparently...:laugh:

Oooh Fee - you really know how to hurt :cry: By the way, I don't think it says they're dangerous - I skimmed through the article but by "falling off" I think they were referring to sales - could be wrong though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hanging some mistletoe in the SO Coffee Lounge... Kittencat 63 3,629 20-12-2005 10:50 PM
Last Post: ils