Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard on
23-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Hard on

I was driving a friend of mine to a quiz the other night. His house is at the end of a lumpy track and I had to reverse out in darkness. I couldn't see behind so he said he'd direct me. "OK, reverse, keep going, right you can swing the back round into that gap - HARD ON RIGHT, HARD ON, HARD ON "

Crunch (sound of front bumper making contact with brick wall and disintegrating)

Friend "What did you want to do that for?"

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Hard on
..........................................:laugh:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
23-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Hard on
survivorfan Wrote:I was driving a friend of mine to a quiz the other night. His house is at the end of a lumpy track and I had to reverse out in darkness. I couldn't see behind so he said he'd direct me. "OK, reverse, keep going, right you can swing the back round into that gap - HARD ON RIGHT, HARD ON, HARD ON "

Crunch (sound of front bumper making contact with brick wall and disintegrating)

..............:ohmy:

Mr. C said, when I read that out to him, "Well his friend was watching the back, he (meaning you) should have been watching the front"!! Don't shoot the messenger, I know nothing Wink
23-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Hard on
survivorfan Wrote:I was driving a friend of mine to a quiz the other night. His house is at the end of a lumpy track and I had to reverse out in darkness. I couldn't see behind so he said he'd direct me. "OK, reverse, keep going, right you can swing the back round into that gap - HARD ON RIGHT, HARD ON, HARD ON "

How disappointing. I thought Christmas had arrived early. :naughty:
23-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Hard on
Flipping eck SF. Not good at all. So whose fault do you consider it to be? That's a hard one isn't it. (no pun intended :laugh: )

I hate reversing. I hate reversing in and out of parking spaces. I am no good with spatial awareness and could be five miles away from a vehicle and still think I was too close.:blink: I am seriously thinking about taking lessons to reverse and park, I'm that bad.

I had to parallel park between two cars at a parking meter earlier today and my kids were killing themselves laughing at me because it took at least ten backwards and forwards to get into the space.:ranting: In a car park I always try to find a space that's miles away from anyone. Anyone else have this problem?

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Hard on
tigger767 Wrote:whose fault do you consider it to be?

Oh - his of course, especially as the brick wall was sort of behind me on the left.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
23-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Hard on
tigger767 Wrote:Flipping eck SF. Not good at all. So whose fault do you consider it to be? That's a hard one isn't it. (no pun intended :laugh: )

I hate reversing. I hate reversing in and out of parking spaces. I am no good with spatial awareness and could be five miles away from a vehicle and still think I was too close.:blink: I am seriously thinking about taking lessons to reverse and park, I'm that bad.

I had to parallel park between two cars at a parking meter earlier today and my kids were killing themselves laughing at me because it took at least ten backwards and forwards to get into the space.:ranting: In a car park I always try to find a space that's miles away from anyone. Anyone else have this problem?

Oh tiggs - I have no spatial awareness either, and I lose my sense of direction if I look over my shoulder :ohmy: It's not helped with needing a new roof on my car and the rear screen being a bit cloudy.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
23-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Hard on
Fee For All Wrote:Oh tiggs - I have no spatial awareness either, and I lose my sense of direction if I look over my shoulder :ohmy: It's not helped with needing a new roof on my car and the rear screen being a bit cloudy.

A new roof for your car?? Huh Does it leak?

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
23-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Hard on
It's £250 for a replacement back screen, but only £400 for a complete new roof. Something to do with labour costs as the roof comes complete with screen.

And it's not leaking - yet. But if I don't replace it, I'll need to have it rewaterproofed or something.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
26-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Hard on
I think I would be extremely grateful you backed into a wall sf!! If your 'friend' was saying what he was saying for other reasons then backing into a brick wall is a blessing frankly and I think you should buy him a bottle of anti freeze to warrant your thanks!!:naughty:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Am I hard? jaycee 20 2,153 17-04-2005 11:50 PM
Last Post: Nox