Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
21-11-2005, 08:00 PM

Well, has anyone seen this yet? I am dying to see it and would love to see it on the big screen but with Mr B being away during the week, I can't really get out and the next few weekends are booked up and then it will be the run-up to Christmas. I can see me waiting until it is out on DVD before I see it.

I am getting huge amount of grief from my 7 year old though as there are a few kids in her class that are going to see it but I have put my foot down and said no, as the reports say that it is a lot darker than previous films. I know from just reading the book that it wouldn't really suit a 7 year old. To be honest I think she would the thread of the film anyway.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm not sure my (almost) 8yr. old will be seeing this either. He gets freaked out over Area 51/Alien shows on the Discovery and Science Channel!!! We watched the Prisoner of Az...and he was o.k. but had to ask a lot of reassuring questions. So I don't know. I think we will try 'Chicken Little' on Friday...will post a report if we do.:kid:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2005, 07:32 AM
We took the boys to see it on Friday night. My youngest is only 7 and he was absolutely fine.

It is a lot darker than the others, but we had explained to him all the way through about it being someones imagination and someones idea of how things looked etc and he sat for two and a half hours, with his mouth catching flies and he never moved once. He was more worried about the dementors in the third one than this one.

That said.....it is scarier, and more sinister...but it was a bloody good film.
26-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes we went to see this last weekend. It is a brilliant film but as I am the no.1 fan in the world of the books I was picking all the time in my head at the discrepancies.
I don't think it is suitable for very small children. Certainly not under 6. There were a few children in tears at the end. It was an emotional scene I got a huge lump in my throat.
If there was thing I had to pick at it was the bad language from Ron. A few bloody hells most of us can live with but was the "**** off" really necessary?
There was a audible gasp around the cinema at this.
Overall though brilliant. The young actor who plays Ron (Rupert) was especially good. 8/10

[Image: darkdance.gif]
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
[Image: tribe.gif]
29-11-2005, 07:07 PM
This was AMAZING.

The ball was clearly the best bit, they were all ****ed, and Hermione kicking off her heels in tears with another sobbing girl being comforted by friends in the background made the film for me. Not that I enjoy seeing girls cry of course, on the contrary etc etc, but it was just so accurate for that sort of thing. There's always someone having a crap time (Ron, Harry, the twins), a couple who disappear for a shag (Neville and someone), someone crying (Hermione) and someone vomiting in the corner (Ginny Weasley I expect, she can't hold her drink).

cheerio!
30-11-2005, 06:26 AM
I can't wait for it to come out (tomorrow I think?...) and I too am a big fan of the books so will be picking out all the parts that aren't acurate (I had to do it alot for the 3rd film :ranting: ) and the stuff they leave out. Can't wait!Smile
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Went to see it last night and loved it. Fantastic film.
And as most of you have said, it is way darker than the first 3 movies. And since the main characters in the movie are coming of age, it is a lot more sexual too eg the scene in the bath with Harry and Moaning Myrtle!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
01-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Me and my family went to see the film on saturday we all loved it and I especially loved Ron. :wub:
I didn't read all the book but I thought that Sirius would have looked like a flame not a part of the fire. Out of 10 I would give it at least a 9.Smile

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Purple"]
Edge of Reason, Bridget Jones:
I'm late, with mad hair, and can barely breathe in scary knickers. :laugh:
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
20-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Actually having just finished the book, I've just realised how much crapper the film is in comparison to its literary counterpart!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
20-12-2005, 08:02 PM
i seen this pretty much when it came out and i LOVED IT. although it has to be said, it still doesnt beat the books.

scoobs, i did NOT notice neville going off for a bonk!! neville??? of all people?? i thought fleur and her partner did, but neville? but yea i absolutely loved the yule ball, and it was so reminiscent of school discos gone by.

also loved the part where the other schools are entering, i thought it was ace when the beauxbatons girls were doing their twirly bits and then drumstrang with their sticks and boom boom.

although i have a few gripes, the start when it was the quidditch world cup was waaay too rushed, and because that was rushed i dont think the significance of the harry being in the tournament was put across. also was disappointed that they never made a point of explaining what veela were and that fleur was part veela.

and yes i did almost cry at the sad part.

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Miss Potter Seabreeze 1 536 08-01-2007 07:52 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze