Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has bureaucracy gone truly mad?
27-09-2005, 07:26 AM

Just heard this story on my local radio and found it on the BBC website - I find it unbelievable that someone actually sits at a desk and thinks this up.

Bureaucracy gone mad

Can I ask what happens after you leave the hospital, when you are standing in the supermarket queue, sitting on the bus or when you invite people round to your house?

I have to admit though when I had my second baby I requested no visitors to the hospital. I had to go through an operation after I had Abbie and I was really tiredand was very anaemic and simply just wasn't up to people coming round my bedside. It peed the mother-in-law off big style and she stated that I was going against her human rights as a granny! I could have seen her point but I was only kept in 3 nights and she was round the following day!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2005, 12:12 PM
My local radio station has two lasses on first thing in the morning, and if you could have heard them going on about this - they had me in fits of laughter!!

One suggested babies during delivery have a brown paper bag fitted over their heads so they don't get offended by grinning/gurning peoples till they are able to grin/gurn back! :bag: :laugh:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
27-09-2005, 01:37 PM
the ban seems only to cover 'cooing'. so I guess it's OK to do other things like shouting 'Nik nik nik' or 'splaaaaagh!'

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
27-09-2005, 02:39 PM
I see your point sf - I don't for one minute think that talking to a baby in proper English language is a Breach of Human Rights is it? It would be the same as talking to someone on the bus about the weather! Hardly breaching their human rights is it??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

27-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't like babies. Is it a breach of my Human Rights if people insist on me cooing over some red faced dumpling-in-a-pram?

Or buying it something with a bunny on it.

:laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
27-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Well I am not a mum myself but if I was I would delight in endless people telling me what a beautiful baby I had etc ( much the same way I like people telling me what a lovely dog I have and how well behaved and friendly she is).I would have thought lying in a nappy in my own excrement is far more likely to ' lower dignity' never mind being bathed in public and photographed in the nude on the hearthrug - oh but that is also suspect these days as well!
27-09-2005, 08:00 PM
More complete and utter Pee-Cee bollox from the hand-wringing tossers who are turning this country into a complete joke...these people need to get out more...they've too much time on their hands and too much public money to spend if puerile rules like this are all they can come up with.

Hospitals have the highest rates of MRSA in Europe, with filthy third-world wards yet these pillocks are worrying about people cooing at babies.

Only on planet Blair could this happen.... things can only get better??