Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have You Ever...
07-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Have You Ever...

Have you ever checked who's online and noticed that they stay FOREVER in one thread. What do you think they are doing? On the toilet? Picking their nose? Wracking their brains?

And what about me? Have I got nothing better to do than notice the habits of others :laugh: ....

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2005, 05:54 AM
Have You Ever...
tonee Wrote:Have you ever checked who's online and noticed that they stay FOREVER in one thread. What do you think they are doing? On the toilet? Picking their nose? Wracking their brains?

And what about me? Have I got nothing better to do than notice the habits of others :laugh: ....

Errr ... yup tonee!! :bag:

I have to say I have noticed this, but as I do it often I am not surprised. See if I am replying in a thread it is the ideal opportunity for someone at home to need me or someone on the phone needing to talk to me - they know specifically down to the nanosecond when to disturb me - and therefore it looks like I am on a thread for ever and ever and ever - when in fact I have completely forgotten that I had even logged onto SO, as I have been removing a spider from under a bed or making a jam sandwich, or putting the world to rights with someone on the phone.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Have You Ever...
I have more than once gone to bed whilst logged on.
08-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Have You Ever...
I think I am one of the culprits Tonee, as if the phone rings/the children need my attention/the kettle boils or someone knocks the door etc etc, I will just leave where I am and not bother to log out. So it can look like I am replying or viewing a thread when in fact I am doing something else completely different.

I have in the past posted a reply to a thread that I started before I walked away from the computer when I have come back, that makes no sense at all because others have replyed in the time I have been away. (Question & Answer/The Link threads) Blush
08-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Have You Ever...
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I think I am one of the culprits Tonee, as if the phone rings/the children need my attention/the kettle boils or someone knocks the door etc etc, I will just leave where I am and not bother to log out. So it can look like I am replying or viewing a thread when in fact I am doing something else completely different.

I have in the past posted a reply to a thread that I started before I walked away from the computer when I have come back, that makes no sense at all because others have replyed in the time I have been away. (Question & Answer/The Link threads) Blush

I think the spotlight lies quite firmly and steadily on me for even noticing this Blush

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
08-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Have You Ever...
I'm logged on most of the day at work, but flit in and out. I like flitting and flitting likes me.
08-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Have You Ever...
I too am logged on at work and will keep the site minimised whilst I am in Outlook, Excel and Word and flick in between. As I am supposed to be working I could minimise whilst still in a thread and that may come up that I am in a thread for a certain amount of time. Are you timing us then?
08-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Have You Ever...
I do this too. Blush

I have actually left work for a boozy lunch on a friday with boss and don't make it back to the office to log out. It then looks like I've spent 2 1/2 days in the dyjhiw thread.......:shocking:

bam bam
08-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Have You Ever...
Could be worse, TE. Could be in the masturbation thread. :shocking:
08-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Have You Ever...
I do this all the time. Im having a look around this site then I go and do something else and leave this site on so it's as if I've been on it for about 5 hours even if I've only been on 5 mins.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]