Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you been on TV?
23-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Have you been on TV?

Just read Bella's post about visiting the Xfactor pod in Edinborough and wanted to tell my tale. Thought best to start a new thread rather than be beaten to within an inch of my life for being :offtopic:

So..

I was on TV when Victor was evicted from BB5, I went with my sister and my faithfull assistant (know here as Buzz). We got plucked from the queue and invited in the studio. We were all shown in our glory. I sat right behind Victors mum...touched them all!!

I must admit, those two had more air show time than me, which miffed, as I got the tickets etc...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Have you been on TV?
No and I have no desire to be either!
23-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Have you been on TV?
Well, I didn't desire to be...it just happened!!!

Bit scarey really.

Fortunately we had all consumed lots of fizz pop of the special kind to see us thru.
x
23-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Have you been on TV?
Yes, I have. When my children were small we were all asked to help with a Desmond Morris programme that was being filmed at my local zoo. Morris sat in front of us clutching a baby chimp and talking to camera (it was about the similarities between young children and chimps) whilst we had to walk into shot and settle down on a picnic rug in the background whilst the children ran around. We had to do it about a hundred times! We all had to sign contracts saying we wouldn't ask for royalties and we got paid a one off fee, which I spent on school shoes for Sam. We were introduced to Mr Morris, and the chimp as well, the chimp was lovely.

I've also sung on stage with Alvin Stardust, but that wasn't televised so it doesn't really count!
23-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Have you been on TV?
Yes - I was on Scotland Today (news program up here) but I made a complete arse of myself so that's enough about that!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
23-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Have you been on TV?
A few times- just tiny little bits and pieces, usually on the news.

(Nope, I haven't done anything naughty... well, not *that* bad anyway)

There was a schools conference on policing in NI here a few years back, chaired by Chris Patten and some local politicians. I didn't even realise the camera crews were there (yes, I'm dim) until I saw myself on the news having a rather heated exchange with the DUP representative on the panel.

The other times were at uni- student union issues, and a programme that was being made about the university's ethnomusicology department. Again, I was clueless until I arrived and it had been pouring down that day, so there's a good bit of footage out there somewhere of me, wet shirted with dripping hair, knocking seven bells out of a Balinese gamelan joged bumbung.

Sounds a lot more rude than it was.... really.

Diplomacy is the art of letting other people have your way
Find all posts by this user
23-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Have you been on TV?
Voice of reason Wrote:Yes, I have. When my children were small we were all asked to help with a Desmond Morris programme that was being filmed at my local zoo. Morris sat in front of us clutching a baby chimp and talking to camera (it was about the similarities between young children and chimps) whilst we had to walk into shot and settle down on a picnic rug in the background whilst the children ran around. We had to do it about a hundred times! We all had to sign contracts saying we wouldn't ask for royalties and we got paid a one off fee, which I spent on school shoes for Sam. We were introduced to Mr Morris, and the chimp as well, the chimp was lovely.

I've also sung on stage with Alvin Stardust, but that wasn't televised so it doesn't really count!

Did you read his book Man Watching..I did...very interesting.

More so tho is your conection with Alvin...my choo cher chooo..lov im. But not in a carnal way.
x
23-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Have you been on TV?
I've been on a couple of times on the local news in the background and that kind of stuff.

But my best one was getting in the broom cupboard with Philip Schofield.
albiet a photo of myself and wicksy from eastenders.
23-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Have you been on TV?
Andrea Wrote:I've been on a couple of times on the local news in the background and that kind of stuff.

But my best one was getting in the broom cupboard with Philip Schofield.
albiet a photo of myself and wicksy from eastenders.

I LOVE PHILLIP..Lordy what was he like...??
23-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Have you been on TV?
read the small print Cat, it was actually only a photo of me that made it into the broom cupboard:laugh: