I've left before they sacked me
No but I've had to sack somone
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever had the sack from a job?
15-08-2005, 05:15 PM

Well have you ever had the old tin tack from a job?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2005, 05:18 PM
No, but I seem to average about two a month at the moment. :bag:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2005, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2005 05:29 PM by Dolores.)
yup! I been sacked ...not recently I hasten to add, not since I've grown up!

I've actually been sacked twice ...but one was from a part time bar job ... that doesn't really count does it?!

First time (when I was 16) was when I worked in a rubber factory (there's not a joke I haven't heard!) we made parts for cars. i was always late and took two weeks off sick in the first six weeks ... I would have sacked me!!

The second time was in a pub I worked in, in the Seven Sisters Road. I can't remember why exactly I was drunk at the time!!! :w00t:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-08-2005, 05:20 PM
No, but I had a feeling before I left the call centre that I used to work in that they were thinking about sacking me.
Which is fair enough as I was pretty neglegent when I worked there and didn't really give a toss.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
15-08-2005, 05:22 PM
No I have never been sacked from a job, but to be honest I have not had that many jobs.

I had one between leaving school and having the kids and two since I went back to work after having the kids.

I am such a model employee, no one likes to get rid of me :ninja:
Ain't that right Cat
15-08-2005, 05:28 PM
No, I've never had the sack. I'm just a goodie two shoes :bag:
15-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I was once sacked from a Saturday job. It was at Holland and Barrett and I was 13. You had to be at least 16 to work a full day, but I'd had a row with my Mum who had withdrawn financial support and sod it, I wanted financial independence. A girls gotta get her fags somehow!

I managed to stay there for about 3 months, but it was getting pretty hot with them bugging me for my National Insurance No. (which I didn't have 'cos I was too young). I eventually "confessed" that I wasn't quite 16. It was with great regret that they let me go..... :sad:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
15-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes, I've been sacked and made redundant more than once. There's always a very good reason though. Honest!
15-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Nope, never been sacked, have been made redundant once. I think today you will need to do something pretty awful to be sacked! There was girl who worked in our Paisley offices and she was caught stealing money, it had amounted to about £3000 and they just asked her to resign. The company gave her a reference in return for her paying back the money, they didn't even get the Police involved.

On the other hand a friend of mine who works for a well-known department store told me that a guy was sacked for eating an apple that had fallen on the floor. The opinion taken was that if he can steal an apple he can steal anything!! A bit harsh, but there you go - BEWARE! :ninja:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Long time ago - from a bar job - they thought I was trying to sell drugs to other members of staff!

What actually happened was - another barman asked if I knew where he could score some dope - I said yes - and the a$$hole went straight to the management and told them that I was selling drugs!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?