Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you met/spoken to anyone famous?
30-08-2006, 10:28 AM

I had a phone call from a very stroppy young lady this morning, who wanted to view a property "for her partner", but didn't want to leave her details.

She has just phoned back and spoken to my colleague, who took some details from her. She said she wanted to move into this property that she hasn't even viewed yet on Sunday and when my colleague told her this wouldn't be possible as they haven't even been referenced yet, she copped a strop and slammed the phone down.

She gave her name as Miss Davis and her partner's name as Darren Byfield. Now I recognised his name immediately and googled him and he is a footballer. No biggy, we have loads of footballers as tenants. Miss Davis turns out to be the R&B singer, Jamelia.

So, Miss Jamelia Davis, if you ever read this. You are one jumped up, stroppy mare who needs to learn some manners!

Now I have met/spoken to other famous/semi-famous people, some of whom have been quite delightful.

Does anyone else have any interesting tidbits to share?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I was in the Scarsdale pub in South Ken last night when Piers Morgan walked in with a pretty blonde on his arm.
30-08-2006, 11:27 AM
I met and spoke to Martin Sheen in a church in the South of France years ago, he was a very nice man.

and I was at Victors eviction on BB.....does that count?
30-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Groucho Wrote:I was in the Scarsdale pub in South Ken last night when Piers Morgan walked in with a pretty blonde on his arm.

Did you chat to the blonde?

Of the big names I've chatted with (no specific order here)
Muhammed Ali back in the 70's when he was the greatest (ie world champ) - was the only one allowed past his entourage to get his autograph
Eric Clapton (spent about 45mins over a couple of beers - he asked my mate if he'd drive his Ferrari home - mate had been drinking and was a copper so he was p'd off)
Daley Thompson (I coached him ya know - No I did seriously)
John Hurt (he was often ****ed as a fart in a Mayfair pub I used to go in after work)

Met seen or went to school with many others (North Londoner/Hampsteadite you see darrrrling mwa-mwa)

Physically bumped into Matt Lucas a few months back as he was going into newsagents and I was coming out. (he's very round you know)
30-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Met Garth Crooks (the footballer) in a pub off Oxford Street years ago and he was very pleasant. Adam Woodyat (Ian Beale) and Letita Deane (Sharon) of EE we also saw in the same pub and talk about up themselves, ran out like scalded cats cos someone dared to recognise them! Letita was very pretty in those days tho - lovely skin.

Peter Sallis in last of the Summer Wine waved cheerily to my Mum and me when we saw him once and were gawping at him out of the car.

That Ionnou bloke who used to own Easy Jet used to ring up a friend who worked in a property company looking for office space and he was a total a**h**e.

Nigel Planer smiled at me once in Regent Street.

John Humphries (the newsreader) bumped into me in Oxford Street and didnt say sorry (I have hated him since)
30-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Forgot,

Dustin Hoffman used to phone the house to talk to my daughters primary school sweetheart. We'd have to run up the road and get him to come to the phone (they didn't have one at the time)
30-08-2006, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2006 12:49 PM by Patsy.)
Gareth Hale of Hale & Pace thought I was trying to chat him up in a pub in Chislehurst a few years ago (which I wasn't) and had the nerve to give me the brush-off!

I had carnal knowledge of the guitarist in the band Joe Boxers (lovers of 80s music may remember them). He wasn't great in bed and was shorter than me, but had a lovely Glasgow accent.

Dennis Rommedahl is one of my tenants and he and his wife are lovely.

I've touched Paul Young's ar$e.
30-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Slipper Wrote:John Hurt (he was often ****ed as a fart in a Mayfair pub I used to go in after work)

I used to work in a bar in Kensington - he came in once and was an total a-hole - not a very funny man - but someone who seemed to enjoy enthralling a large audience with (quite frankly) tedious stories - brilliant actor though!

A friend of mine also met Dustin Hoffman. She was in Harrods with her friend (just doing the tourist thing in there, not buying anything). They were in the furniture dept and her friend sat on a really expensive, comfortable chair and said something like her life would be complete if she owned this chair - well wouldn't you just know it, Dustin overheard and bought the chair for her!!! lock stock and delivery charge!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I walked past Vanessa Feltz in Edinburgh at the festival once.

My friend tried to go and get her autograph and she just screamed 'Can't you see I'm filming?'

Well, actually Vanessa, when there is no camera around it's kind of hard to notice it really. Stroppy mare. :ranting:

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Quite a few, but the best are
The McCartneys (Linda was a very nice person) and various bits of Wings.
Diana Ross and the Supremes (got my pic taken sitting on D's knee)
Jack Bruce and David Bailey gave me a lift home in a Ferrari when I was 14. Ally McCoist :wub:
Brad Pitt

and G4 :bag:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Famous Images Recreated Seabreeze 9 1,455 11-09-2006 01:33 PM
Last Post: Sammboelyn
  What classic movie/famous leader are you! Andrea 19 1,729 08-08-2006 04:50 PM
Last Post: Sammboelyn
  What Famous Person/People Have You Met? Patsy 31 2,744 11-05-2005 10:23 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Re-create famous paintings. Cat 17 1,585 25-04-2005 12:44 PM
Last Post: Rothera
  Famous people you fancy - but think you probably shouldn't Voice of reason 154 7,685 14-03-2005 09:48 AM
Last Post: claire