Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you tried ...
29-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Have you tried ...

the new Maybelline 12 hour Superstay lipstick ladies?

I thought I would give it a try so got one yesterday. It certainly works, I was still wearing it when I got up this morning. Smile

Here is the gen:

You get a very matt indelible lipstick and a separate thing that looks like a Chapstick which you apply over the top to give it a bit of gloss.

Be very careful what colour you choose if you don't want to wake up in the morning with Garish Red lips.

I chose No. 413 - Rose Dust. I like a nice natural colour and I'm pleased with it. The Condition and Shine part doesn't stay on long but it's easy to re-apply as it comes in lipstick type container, not one of those gloopy wand things.

I would give it 8 out of 10 - deducted points for it not staying shiny for 12 hours - lol.

BTW, the boxes are security tagged in Boots. I had the embarrassment of all the flipping alarms going off when I went to go out because the stupid girl at the Pharmacy part hadn't done what she was supposed to do to de-activate it Blush

They should give you compensation when that happens because it is cringe-making and everyone stares at you as if you are a thief. I went back to the checkout and tried to poke my til receipt under the nose the cashier on the checkout near the door but she wasn't interested, just snatched the lippy back and de-activated the security tab. She did apologise but I still felt like a criminal :sad:
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Have you tried ...
bet you didn't need to buy any blusher after that Crit!!! Blush :laugh:

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
29-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Have you tried ...
How awful for you Crit :hug:

I have seen it happen to others but as yet I have been lucky enough for it not to happen to me!

Back to the question, no I haven't tried it yet, as I tend to wear lip gloss most of the time. How much is it, is it expensive compared to normal lipstick and do you think it is worth the extra money?
29-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Have you tried ...
Yes it was most embarrasssing.

It's on special offer for £5.99 at the moment and yes, I think it's worth it if, like me, you tend to chew it all off after a couple of minutes Smile And at least if you don't like it you can use the Condition and shine thingy instead of just chucking it in the drawer like we usually do.
29-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Have you tried ...
Critique Wrote:Yes it was most embarrasssing.

It's on special offer for £5.99 at the moment and yes, I think it's worth it if, like me, you tend to chew it all off after a couple of minutes Smile And at least if you don't like it you can use the Condition and shine thingy instead of just chucking it in the drawer like we usually do.

£6 is not bad at all.

Where is it on offer and what is the full price normally?
29-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Have you tried ...
I got mine in Boots but it's probably the same in Superdrug or anywhere cos I think it's a launch price. I don't know what it is normally but it will last a long time Smile
29-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Have you tried ...
Cheers Crit :thumbsup:

I think I might pick one up next time I'm in town!
29-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Have you tried ...
Deffo going to try out the lippie thanks for the tip. I have had that experience before also in Boots where the security tag wasn’t removed and the beep beeps went off, mind you there is no security guard ever around and if they are they are usually either gormless or eying up the women. A friend of mine saw someone walk out with a telly from Tesco in Romford, got straight into a car, no-one did anything but gawp and he got away with it!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
29-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Have you tried ...
My hubby said I should have just carried on walking and see if they stopped me in the street. I don't think they would have cos it seems to happen all the time. I said that they would probably then keep a security guard on me next time I went back in the shop.
29-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Have you tried ...
Crit I have that very colour Rose Dust. I love the idea of them, but my problems with them are:
  • they make my lips v. dry, unless the top coat is applied continually. Subsequently my gloss ran out way before I finished the bottom paint coat.
  • And I tend to wear lighter coloured lippies - and this range doesn't come in light colours, I think the Rose Dust is one of the lightest shades they do.
But having said that £5.99 is a GREAT offer, cos they are normally far more than that £11 I think. And it REALLY does stay on - doesn't it?? So there are pros and cons - I would probably buy one again at the offer price though.

Oh and the security thing!? Tut tut at the sloppiness of the staff - it is one of the most mortifying experiences in life is when the security beeper goes off isn't it.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user