Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayfever
22-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Hayfever

Oh that wonderful time of year is here again for me...........the hayfever season.
I shall, between now and about September continually look as though I am releated to Rudoph. My eyes, nose and mouth will itch and my thraot will feel as though it is full of feathers.
I shall sniff and blow my way through at least two boxes of tissues a week and when all else fails I shall in about June resort to throwing myself on the mercies of the Dr and getting steroids to get me through.

So, after that whine, my question to you all is. DO you suffer? and do yu have any hints or tips to help alleviate the symptoms.

a plastic bag on my head, will not be considered as helpful advice. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Hayfever
Contact lenses Buzz...I have said it before and I will say it again...contact lenses.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Hayfever
Cat Wrote:Contact lenses Buzz...I have said it before and I will say it again...contact lenses.
Probably only useful if you have to wear glasses all the time though cat......and I don't really think it will help my nose and throat too much either.

That said.....................thank you for the advice :blink:
22-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Hayfever
I sometimes suffer Buzz but only when the pollen count is really high! I do sympathise though as it is truly horrible.

My daughter suffers all year round with similar symptoms (I think it is called Rhinitis )
22-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Hayfever
Hey Buzz

Cat's right, contacts really do help. I only get hayfever when the nearby rape fields are in bloom but it really affects my eyes badly.
I got some contacts that were just to change the colour of my eyes and as well as having really nicely blue eyes Smile I found the symptoms of terrible itchyness and alternate dryness/looks like Ive been crying for days almost disappeared.

Give it a go Smile

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
22-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Hayfever
Marmoset Wrote:Hey Buzz

Cat's right, contacts really do help. I only get hayfever when the nearby rape fields are in bloom but it really affects my eyes badly.
I got some contacts that were just to change the colour of my eyes and as well as having really nicely blue eyes Smile I found the symptoms of terrible itchyness and alternate dryness/looks like Ive been crying for days almost disappeared.

Give it a go Smile

M
Ah now, I never thought of lenses just to change the colour of my eyes from red back to blue......but I am not a brave soul and I don;t think I would be able to put lenses in........
22-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Hayfever
Marmoset Wrote:Hey Buzz

Give it a go Smile

M

JUMPING JESUS!

Thankyou Marmy...I have gone on and on for years about this...even my optician thinks I'm mad...but it does make a difference. Try peeling an onion for starters with them in...no tears.

We shall be friends..you can skid me on a felt lined tray along your lovely floor.
22-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Hayfever
Oooh glad to be of service!

I didn't think I could cope with putting contacts in, you should have seen me the first time!!! what a wuss!

Actually the idea came from my friend in the US, she suggested them to me and as they were so much cheaper over there I bought two pairs.

Also, they last a lot longer than it says on the tin. The so called extended wear ones and the ones that you can sleep in are virtually the same as the long lasting ones, a guy who actually makes them told my friend this.

If the dryness/itchyness is really really bad I just use artificial tears more often...and you can put those in as much as you like. When I look back I shudder to think how I managed without em. I suppose its logic really, you are shielding your eyes from the pollen, or at least, most of it.

Cat, you can skid on my floor anytime, just don't leave any marks! lol
M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
22-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Hayfever
I was one of the first people to test out bi-focal contacts! As I need varifocals, contacts were classed as not viable back then, but my optician came out with the idea of 'one eye in the pot, and the other up the chimney' - so to speak. I had one contact for distance, and the other for close work, and you know, it worked brilliantly! Took only a minute or so to adjust to.

And yes, they do help control hay fever symptoms.
22-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Hayfever
HURAHH FOR ME!

...and my knowledge

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hayfever - do you suffer? Dolores 13 1,715 18-04-2007 06:41 AM
Last Post: floopy