Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headaches
26-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Headaches

Does anyone know much about headaches ?

Just recently i have been getting bad ones daily, and have been popping about 8 paracetamol a day.

I dont know whether its stress, but i doubt it.

I seem to recall seeing a picture of a head once, highlighting what the cause was depending where on the head the pain is. Ive done a google search but have drawn a blank.

Mr.B keeps telling me to go to the doctors, but there is nothing they can do for a headache is there ?

Its just getting me down now, and not a day goes by (and this has been the last few months) where i havent suffered.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Headaches
I suffer from chronic headaches and migraine Bonnie (it's hormonal in my case) and now have a sensible system for dealing with them, but you should visit your doctor to eliminate other causes and try to find the right treatment for you.
26-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Headaches
You really should go to the doctor and get a quick MOT done.
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Headaches
Hi Bonsai, that amount of paracetamol a day, every day, will take your body to danger levels (plus actually give you a headache)! .. so try to go easier on them. I suffer with headaches too, mostly hormonal (yeah guys reach for the remote control and blank expression LOL)

Have you had your eyes tested recently? vision changes/eye strain can contriubte to headaches, as can stress/diet changes et all et all. Suppose first port of call should be your doc to rule out anything sinister, especially if it's an every day occurence. Don't want to sound like a hippy mushroom weaver, but fresh lavender leaves/fever few/lemon balm leaves in a hanky work wonders - crush and sniff deeply - yeah I know we don't all grow herbs but a garden centre is now handy to most of us so go and nick some - uh-oh, a thieving mushroom weaver lol !

Hope they get better soon.

Some mornings it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps . [Image: badgersm.gif]
26-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Headaches
I am fortunate I never get headaches except with flu. But that amount of paracetomol is not good bonnie and when something changes you should check it out. Warm yourself up and go for an eye test first. Try Ibuprofen and a steam inhale. Also (jokingly) try not reading the computer screen so much, be like me post your answer to the title of the thread but don't strain your eyes by reading the posts.
26-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Headaches
Bonnie, it probably is just stress, as you are under a lot with moving and job changes. You're probably one big tense ball of muscle at the moment. But I can only echo what others have said, go see the doctor.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
26-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Headaches
There's no possibility of you being pregnant is there?I had bad headaches (like I had never experienced before) with 2 of my pregnancies?

Just a thought, don't want to scare you.... :bye:
26-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Headaches
With respect to all the other board members I think your GP is the best person to be answering the question.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Headaches
survivorfan Wrote:With respect to all the other board members I think your GP is the best person to be answering the question.

Yes, that's what we all said!
27-11-2004, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2004 01:56 AM by PJ.)
Headaches
Bonsai Wrote:...and have been popping about 8 paracetamol a day
Bonnie, this is way too much Paracetamol! If taken in excess, Paracetamol can cause stomach ulcers amongst other things which will lead to a whole range of problems so please don't keep doing this!
As for the headaches, as the others have said, a visit to your GP won't do any harm.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]