Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health check
26-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Health check

A few weeks ago I went to see a dermatologist as I had a patch of psorasis on my foot. I happened to mention while I was there about a little patch on my nose that just kept scaleing over and wouldn't heal properly, I had read a bit in the paper about rodent ulcers so thought it could possibly be that.

A couple of weeks a go I had a biopsy that confirmed my suspicion. Last week it was removed and today I went back to have stiches removed. The doctor told me they had the results back from the piece they took and it was a particularly aggresive type and that the cells multiply quickly so it was just as well it had been removed. As it is I have a scar an inch long and tissue around it is now clear of any problem.

It pays to keep an eye on things an if you are worried about anything odd get it checked as soon as possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Health check
Absolutely agree maz. Glad you got things sorted.

Miss PJ kept going on and on about a mole she had on her ankle that was getting bigger and darker. She just mentioned it on the off chance and thought absolutely nothing of it until she mentioned it to her doc when she was there about something completely different.
She ended up having to have it removed and the next time she went to the doc he told her she was lucky they caught it when they did.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Health check
Glad you got it sorted out, Maz. Miss Peej, too.

Mr P had what turned out to be a rodent ulcer on his forehead for months and months before he finally got it checked by the doctor.

Having been brought up predominantly in Africa in the 60s and 70s, he was very exposed to long spells of sunshine, so it was probably inevitable that he would get it some time.

The doctor has told him he is quite young to have had one, so he will have to keep a close check as there's a strong possibility he will get more.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Health and Safety Groucho 45 3,588 08-04-2007 02:21 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Health Help Bonsai 8 746 18-03-2006 08:47 PM
Last Post: Andrea