Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell's Kitchen
04-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Hell's Kitchen

Anyone see this yesterday? Although Marco P-W lacks the charisma and wit of Gordon Ramsay, he is sooo rude and this is must-see car crash TV at its awful best!! On again tonight!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hell's Kitchen
Have recorded it and will hopefully catch up with it all tonight. I usually get fed up with this programme about half way through and Angus Deyton just annoys me.

I like watching who is dining
04-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Hell's Kitchen
I find MPW quite uncomfortable to watch.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Hell's Kitchen
Groucho Wrote:I find MPW quite uncomfortable to watch.

is your gout playing up again then Grouch?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Hell's Kitchen
I thought Marco looked like he could do with a good scrub. Had to laugh at him kicking people out - thoroughly deserved. I rather liked him though, not such a performer as our Gordon, but striking the fear of god into the celebs, especially Rosie -she looked terrified.

Today I cooked a poached egg in deep water and it was perfect. That's obviously where I've been going wrong all these years - having it too shallow.

I used to like Angus but he has become more smug than ever and his fill ins just come across as too scripted and lacking in humour.

As for Jim Davidson - words fail me - what a tosser. I think he's trying to make us believe he some sort of vulnerable, misunderstood chap. Well, it ain't washing with me.
04-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Hell's Kitchen
I didn't watch the opener, but I watched it tonight.

I didn't realise who half the celebs were, and then one by one it dawned on me who they were and how old they looked! is that really young Barry McGuigan? or pop stud Paul Young? or disgusting dirty geezer Davidson? and who is Rosie? who is the liverpudlian girl and why does Adele remind me so much of Jennifer Ellison?!

I prefer Marco to Gordon - who I've just about had my tv fill of from the "F" word with his constant celeb name dropping and attaching importance to people according to how often they appear in Hello magazine - he is a sychophant of the highest order these days.

You're right about Jim Davison, Max - I mean five ex-wives can't all be wrong can they?!! tosser!

will keep watching this one - is it only on for two weeks?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
05-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Hell's Kitchen
So is this Jim Davidsons way of trying to make a come back then? He`s not doing himself any favours.

Angus Deyton annoyed me a lot in the last series and he`s gone worse than ever. And I`m with Dol in not knowing who half of them are
05-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Hell's Kitchen
[quote=Dolores]II didn't realise who half the celebs were, and then one by one it dawned on me who they were and how old they looked! is that really young Barry McGuigan? or pop stud Paul Young? or disgusting dirty geezer Davidson? /QUOTE]

Me too Dolores and Kelly Le Brock who has put on weight in middle age (as we all do!) and had a bad face lift has hardly a glimmer of the sex pot who starred in Lady in Red. I cannot believe Challenge Aneka was boasting she had never "peeled anything" in her life, what on earth does she feed her kids on then - take aways? I quite like Brian who doesnt seem to be taking it too seriously, why is Paul Young (doesnt he look awful?) doing there pretending he cant cook when I think he won the Celebrity Masterchef? As for Jim Davidson, words fail me. I cannot abide the man and I was a great fan (I hate to admit) back in the dark days of the 1990s!!

However the best bit for me is the bunch of a**holes, sorry, celebrities who are dining in the restaurant. Carol Thatcher made a total fool of herself yesterday and as for that funny looking idiot the night before who was thrown out for complaining about the "cold" asparagus what a total w*nK*r. I think they get the meals free as well!!!
06-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Hell's Kitchen
All the food and drink is free. Carol Thatcher made a right pratt of herself and I can`t believe she resorted to using her mothers name just to get an autograph.

I have heard that Lee has now quit the kitchen
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Hell's Kitchen
I don't know about anyone else but I quite admired Lee Ryan's stance last night over MPW's 'Pikey' comment. I thought he was very brave to speak up. I'm sure many of us have stood by and laughed or not spoken out about comments we've heard - I hold my hand up to that. MPW should've apologised said he didn't realise it was offensive and been a bit more humble - but no he booted Lee out, and didn't come out of it too well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hells Kitchen Punkyfish 20 5,691 28-04-2009 03:27 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  Hells Kitchen Seabreeze 1 976 16-11-2007 10:56 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul PJ 5 1,266 05-05-2007 02:54 PM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR
  Hells Kitchen USA (New Series) Coastie 29 4,922 13-11-2006 08:26 AM
Last Post: Coastie