Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
19-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Help!

I have a problem with my second PC, it won't let me Defrag or run the scan disc. All I get is the egg timer and I can't close the programme down, I just have to switch it off!

Any ideas? It is running Windows ME!
Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Help!
Sorry ILS, can't help you there. :wink2: But I hope you get it fixed soon.Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Help!
I can't help either.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
20-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Help!
Try starting up in safe mode. Find out how, >here< or >here<. Then try running scandisk first. Next I would suggest checking for corrupted system files: Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->System tools-->System information. Then Tools-->System file checker (I think that's what it's called - can't remember off the top of my head). Check for corrupted system files, and replace ones that are damaged, as prompted. You'll probably need your Windows ME CD to hand.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
20-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Help!
Thanks Blinks :hug:

I will give it a go, and I will let you know how I get on!
21-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Help!
I don't have a 'System file checker' but I have a Registry checker and when I run that it says there are no errors!

I ran 'scan disk' in thorough and then defregraged in 'safe mode' but when I went back to the 'normal mode' and tried to run them it still wouldn't let me!
21-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Help!
Ils, I had that problem too. I found the best way to deal with it is just to pretend that nothing's wrong and continue as normal... :ninja:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
21-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Help!
I've done that for a while PJ, but I figured it wasn't doing the computer any good, so I thought it might be worth asking if someone had a quick solution!