Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
01-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Help!

We all need assistance once in a while so here's your chance to ask for it....simply say...HELP..and tell us your problem and the minds of wisdom that accomodate this board can have their input in order that you will receive the help you need....simple eh!

Now....

HELP! - How do I get next May (yes the whole month) booked off as leave? Everyone in the office today is cool about it at the moment but I am having to grovel to the guy who has the password for the leave table so I can put my name down for it.

I need this leave because I want to spend a month travelling between Miami and L.A. (possibly via Colorado...yes i know it's not exactly enroute but hey) with my best mate next May and we will need a month to do it!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Help!
Coastie Wrote:We all need assistance once in a while so here's your chance to ask for it....simply say...HELP..and tell us your problem and the minds of wisdom that accomodate this board can have their input in order that you will receive the help you need....simple eh!

Now....

HELP! - How do I get next May (yes the whole month) booked off as leave? Everyone in the office today is cool about it at the moment but I am having to grovel to the guy who has the password for the leave table so I can put my name down for it.

I need this leave because I want to spend a month travelling between Miami and L.A. (possibly via Colorado...yes i know it's not exactly enroute but hey) with my best mate next May and we will need a month to do it!

Sleep with him Coastie :w00t: If he's married, so much the better, blackmail him Wink
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Help!
depends what it says in your contract Coastie. If there's an upper limit for the amount of time you can take off in one go, you might need to make a special request, rather than just plonking it down.

Speak to your boss and say it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and you would really like to take the time off.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Help!
May is a busy month in the Solent ... I don't think your conscience should allow you to take it ... I'm going to write to your boss now and request that you are not allowed to go!

<>

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
02-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Help!
I can take as much leave as I want in one chunk, I just can't use more than my alotted leave for the year is all! I get 366 hours a year and will require 192 of them to take this trip...it's not a problem as long as the rest of my watch are cool with it...which they are...I just want to get it booked before inevitable watch changes come about! :unsure:

I shall wait until my line manager is back from leave next round and grovel to him... :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
05-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Help!
ooh what a great idea.I'm hoping to take unpaid leave next year for about 8 weeks to swan around Italy, and it's just SUCH a rigmarole.It has to be done formally...submit reasons why...and make sure my colleagues can 'cope' with me gone. :laugh: I have to print up a letter and get approval from my head of department and then get it ok'd with personnel.Sigh wearily.
Have you asked yet?What is the verdict?
Do they normally say yes in situations like this.I can't actually apply until December.
Will you write my letter for me.....?
:-)

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
05-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Help!
How appropriate that you, Coastie, should start this thread, being in need of a great deal of help as you so obviously are. Smile
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Help!
Hmmm someone is going to take a long look in the bowl of the dirtiest toilet in Dublin....... :angry:

05-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Help!
I may wind up on a harrassment charge at work but I don't care!

On repeated occasions now when myself and other ladies at work have visited our only loo there has been a pool of spit right in front of the loo (one of the guys calls it fanny batter but that's just too grim to comprehend)....anyway the only person who has been around on every single occasion is the waste of space and air in the office down stairs. Today I finally e-mailed her and requested she stop doing it as it is grim and disgusting and all that jazz knowing full well that she would deny it...she is nicknamed the Queen of Denile...well she's come back saying that she is deeply hurt by the accusation and that she is always being picked on and harrassed (personally though I know I have never given her any grief...in fact I have always been the one to keep her up to speed with stuff so she wouldn't feel left out...however repeated gobbing on the floor offences are not something I am prepared to tolerate.)...

Anyway I replied to her e-mail saying sorry if it isn't her (even though I know it is!) but in light of the fact she is the closest to the loo could she watch out for the phantom spitter. I doubt this apeased her much but hopefully she'll be losing soon anyway.....if not she'll probably go sick for another week anyway! She is always going sick when she isn't even sick and she flipping well gets away with it...anyway that's another story!

05-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Help!
fanny batter!!!!!! :sick: :sick:

definitely gonna hurl now!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...