Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's Your Change, Madam
10-08-2005, 06:35 PM

This is something that really annoys me and I wonder how everyone else feels about it (think it's probably a woman thing, but would welcome any sensible male input).

When you shop with cash and the shopkeeper person thingy hands you your change and they put the receipt and change TOGETHER! You know, for example, you give a £10 note for a £1.50 item, so you get the receipt, the £5 note and the change all in one go and they CLEARLY get put in different places in your purse. :ranting:

You then spend oooooo sometimes several seconds having to allocate the items into the appropriate section.

Now, I have noticed, that some department stores actually ask you if you want the receipt in the bag, because they have recognised, and have obviously been trained in, the fact that some people may wish to put it straight into their purse/wallet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I don't so much get annoyed about that, but I do sometimes get annoyed at being forced to wait for a receipt. I generally only keep receipts for large, expensive items or goods that come with a guaranatee, so half the time, I don't bleedin' want one!

So, it annoys me a bit when I have paid for something and have to hang about waiting for a receipt to process that I don't actually want. Particularly as most shop assistants now are trained NOT to give you your change / return your card until they have torn off the receipt from the till.........

Sometimes, I want to say to them "C'mon, c'mon, just gimme the card back...."

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2005, 07:11 PM
well if its any consolation i always put the receipt in the bag and inform the customer that its in the bag and if they want it otherwise they can say.

karen - we get told to give the receipt back so when people try to return things they cant say we never gave them one coz we try to give everybody theirs. just makes our lives easier if some eejit (not saying you are a eejit but there are ones out there!) is adamant they should get their money back when they shouldnt. i HATE minks who return things - a girl today returned pants - PANTS!! i ask you, is that not disgusting? i told her i dont think we take back pants and she argued the point that they dont fit. but jeez its only £4 pants, is there a point? if they dont fit then surely it doesnt matter no one will see them and if there too small then surely £4 wont break the bank.

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
10-08-2005, 07:51 PM
kookycat Wrote:a girl today returned pants - PANTS!! i ask you, is that not disgusting?

some people just have no shame :sick: :sick:

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
jaycee Wrote:some people just have no shame :sick: :sick:

OMG!! I think I would just use them as a duster or something!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
10-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Patsy Wrote:sensible male input).
:ranting:

If Mrs secrets is any sort of example - she has sooo much stuff in her handbag , she would never find it again anyway.
10-08-2005, 09:56 PM
kookycat Wrote:a girl today returned pants - PANTS!! i ask you, is that not disgusting? i told her i dont think we take back pants and she argued the point that they dont fit.

I'd have been inclined to suggest she see it as an incentive to diet.... :laugh:

Unsurprisingly, I've never sought a career in retail :unsure:
10-08-2005, 10:02 PM
It is a bit of a pain but if I am given everything together, I just tend to shove the reciept and the change into one section of my purse and sort it all out when I get home!
10-08-2005, 11:02 PM
I suppose I dinnae mind. It all just gets shoved in my pocket anyway. And I'm so skint right now that I'm grateful if I get any change at all!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I do whatever's easiest. For me. Which is all at once.

SORRY!

cheerio!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A change of heart.... Cat 13 1,312 22-04-2006 04:08 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Does your sleep pattern change ..... Bonsai 11 1,265 13-03-2006 10:25 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Climate Change Experiment Andrea 2 493 20-02-2006 11:31 PM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  Should Brides change their names when they get married? Rothera 34 2,084 24-04-2005 09:11 AM
Last Post: Dolores