Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy opens in USA tonight
29-04-2005, 08:38 PM

Read the book a long time ago and previews look hilarious. Has anyone seen HHGTTG yet on the other side of the pond?

I accepted the dream as a bird accepts flight
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I haven't yet, but my daughter recommends it, she saw it yesterday!
30-04-2005, 09:08 AM
My husband took my kids last night and he said it had to be the most naff, pointless boring movie he had ever seen. Even myt 13 year old daughter almost fell asleep during it. :blink:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
30-04-2005, 05:20 PM
tigger767 Wrote:My husband took my kids last night and he said it had to be the most naff, pointless boring movie he had ever seen. Even myt 13 year old daughter almost fell asleep during it. :blink:

I know a lot of people who thought that about the book and the telly series. I think you either love it or hate it. I loved it and would love to see it.
Find all posts by this user
30-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Saw an advert on TV tonight, the tv show is being played on BBC sometime soon. Can't remember exactly what channel and what day, not much use really then. I shall go and google.

[Image: 429.gif]
01-05-2005, 12:47 PM
I went and saw it with my mum on Friday...I loved it....my mumwas freaked out by it as she picked up on all the drugs references (for all you toungsters who didn't know...the writer Douglas Adams was a real hippy and the story is basically based around the types of trips and feelings you get from LSD inparticular).....

My mum was there...as in she doesn't remember the 60's and so watching the film she was giggling and sqirming as she picked up on all the feelings she had once felt....eeek! She describes it as a brilliant illustration of life on LSD!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
19-05-2005, 12:23 AM
This is one of those things you love or hate. I hated it!

I also thought the book was utterly banal in a "try to be really witty in a cool sort of way" way too.

I read the book Red Dwarf shortly afterwards, and that is REAL 5 star comedy in comparison, one of the funniest books I have ever read (no, reword that, THE funniest book I have ever read by a long long way). The Red Dwarf tv series was ok too, but not up to the sheer class of the book.

HHGTTG? Yawn from cover to cover in comparison.
19-05-2005, 07:46 PM
sayangmouse Wrote:This is one of those things you love or hate. .

Definatley Say...I loved it but can see why others would hate and still more simply would not get it!

By the way Red Dwarf is pure class isn't it! :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
19-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Me and Mr G saw this while we were on holiday in America and we both really enjoyed it. Mr G had never read any of the books and loved in nonetheless which was fab Big Grin

Gel x
Find all posts by this user
22-05-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm probably in the minority here - but I wasn't too keen on the film - the problem is that I know the radio series/books/TV series too well and it just didn't work for me.

It was strange hearing dialogue that I knew spoken by someone else - I didn't like Marvin - far too cute. Zaphod's head didn't work for me - and Mos Def as Ford just didn't ring true.

On the plus side - I thought Bill Nighy made an excellent Slartibartfast and Stephen Fry worked as the book.

Mind you - I'll probably still buy the DVD ........................

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?