Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hob Nobbing.
18-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Hob Nobbing.

This weekend I will be in London Hob Nobbing with Royalty Dukes and Earls etc.

This is an unexpected surprise having just won two tickets for the Princes Youth Trust 30th Anniversary Concert, brought forward my two masterclasses for the benefit of my vocal work, in which case I will be away again. One of my Southern Ireland trips is on the horizon at the end of next week.

My Second surprise is that Mr M has arranged for us to stay overnight Saturday in his cousins Parliamentary Secretary flat, near the home office.
So I'm combining work with pleasure and looking forward to it. I shall snooze on the bus from Newcastle to London Friday night. Mr M felt 91.40 ninetyone pounds and forty pence very steep for the train.

By the time I get to settle back home for the next lengthy spell, I could well be tearing my hairout, as I feel absolutely stressed out now, with the return of patches of itchy excema, the prospect of my home modernisations and all the upheaval that goes with it, in June and early July this year.

Will post pictures of my adventures as and when possible.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Hob Nobbing.
Enjoy yourself NA. Im sure you'll have a smashing time.

Make sure you get someone to take a photo of you shaking hands with Prince Charlie :cool1: .

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2006, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2006 02:16 PM by Northern angel.)
Hob Nobbing.
Bonsai Wrote:Enjoy yourself NA. Im sure you'll have a smashing time.

Make sure you get someone to take a photo of you shaking hands with Prince Charlie :cool1: .

Hello Bonsai,

I am stressed out about this weekend, as it is going to be crammed. Also having to observe a few areas of protocol when meeting up with some of Mr M's family, certain topics to avoid, ie; anything and everything remotely political or those I feel the strongest about, and certainly tittle tattle subjects such as ministerial love affairs. I gather Speaking about the MR Prescott is old news and boring news - best forgotten.Also loyalties are still strong to Mr David Blunkett so personal scandals are also off topic.

I don't seriously know if theres a chance of meeting Prince Charles face to face, but if there was the slightest chance he is one Royal I'd love to meet. Being an all heart type of person, he has been very much overshadowed by Princess Diana for far to long. I'd also love to get a photo or two from the event, just don't know whether cameras, or cameras with flashes will be allowed. I will try. I also have the celeb list of groups and artists appearing so I will get something from the event.

I'm a bit puzzled as to what to wear for it, and I'm not sure whether a pop concert is something you dress for. I have had some advice from a personal shopper of late and Friday morning, I am trying on a new suit. But I seriously like my two best suits, but Mr M, reckons that whilst the Italian suit has a beautiful cut and is of quality, the fact that it has a silk sheen on all the embroidered light silver flowers on a pale blue background makes it look like something I'd wear to perform in myself. My plain slatey blue suit he reckons looks like a uniform for a travel agent. I do have a third conventional suit in navy, but it has short sleeves, and as my excema has erupted on my lower arms its no use. So I can't avoid buying another, I just hope I get the right thing. As Mr M and the personal shopper, feel that my two pieces are not pristine and business like enough, my mix and match garments to casual, and my dresses are either to feminine or more suited to performing, no good then for some of the circles, I will be mixing in this year on.

I also hate travelling with posh suit bags. Much prefer my holdall. Isn't it any wonder my head is itchy and I am going mad.

Maureen
Northern angel.:bangin:

18-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Hob Nobbing.
Have fun Maureen, looking forward to hearing all about it
18-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Hob Nobbing.
don't disgrace yourself!

and if you do ... post up pictures please!

have fun! :thumbsup:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Hob Nobbing.
Have a great weekend NA, have you practiced your curtsey?
18-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Hob Nobbing.
Hello Seabreeze, Dolores, Mazwad,

I am in a state of mental flux. I am looking forward to the concert and several drinkies. However, over the last few days, I have chosen to work from home and I think I've done about 30 hours or more at the computer since Tuesday. Very soon I'm going to choir. I feel surprisingly drained of energy not just with the work but also why this weekend has become suddenly so important to Mr M. Mr M has been going through my wardrobes and the small bedroom has been spring cleaned and everything he considers smart hung on a rail. I feel like crying and laughing at the same time, I'm afraid, I have a kinky/silly sense of humour or no humour at all. I can hear the clatter of Mr M doing the organising and cursing at the same time. Ooo vicious. I hope he hasn't decided to try on one of my posh gowns.

Apparently there is one of those concierge folks on the door where we will be staying, so arriving in a track suit is not on. Shame. I have always enjoyed staying in the Bedford Hotel, and felt that I could wear what I like, now because this is Westminster and one of those Grace and favour flats that comes with the job, I can't.

I was about to ask if anyone had any political gripes, but thought I'd better not.

I don't think I'll worry about practicing a curtsey, I feel so stressed out I might get stuck.

Maureen
Northern angel.:wallbash: :bangin: :wine: Cures for the itchy scalp.

22-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Hob Nobbing.
This weekend has had its high points and its low points. The weather of course was the damp squid. I am pleased I checked the weather forecast. Rain rain and more rain. I did pack the rain macs, which came in very handy on Sunday. Another low point was the time taken in travelling. I much prefer the train.

My singing masterclass went well, Saturday morning.

I was on guard at lunch time as that was the come and meet my family and behave, Saturday evening I have detailed in a seperate thread in the music forum. Sunday watch a bit TV and have a light lunch again with come and meet my London friends and behave. No time really for sight seeing this time, although the weather has been such a bummer; I couldn't be bothered.

Mr M has finally come out of his nicey shell. He can be lovely very romantic and cosy to be with. I like what I see, even though his dress sense is something I'm not sure about. He tells me of course that his friends who all deal in selling property are meticulous on that score and his family are even worse. Image is very important to them even if the weather is awful.

The flat I have been staying in is a grace and favour flat, comes with his cousins parliamentary job. Having spied a scrap book on the progress of this Newcastle / Geordie born lad and realised that he is still mad about the football team, I now know what to get him for christmas anything to do with NUFC. The life and times of Sir B, Chief executive for H borough council and private press secretary to a Gov't Minister, has certainly gone a long way from his roots. Marsham Street, Westminister is but a short walk from Lambeth Bridge and has three underground links close by. Pimlico is the furthest, Victoria and Westminster. His other home is in Kent.

I am puzzled though about one thing, Why two jobs, I would have thought one would pay enough? I am also puzzled as to the nature of how one manages to do two full time jobs satisfactorily enough? I shall just have to ponder on this score though as I gather according to Mr M, it would be to personal a question raise. Mm more puzzled is it a possibility Mr M thinks its not our place to ask?

Now home and hoping to recover quickly from horrendously sore and itchy skin problem. Otherwise, may have to delay for the first time the completion of my music recording work.

Maureen
Northern angel.:wub: :wub: :wub:

22-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Hob Nobbing.
Northern angel Wrote:I am puzzled though about one thing, Why two jobs, I would have thought one would pay enough? I am also puzzled as to the nature of how one manages to do two full time jobs satisfactorily enough? :

Is it the old story - property dealer by day, rent boy at night?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
22-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Hob Nobbing.
survivorfan Wrote:Is it the old story - property dealer by day, rent boy at night?

Hello survivorfan,

I'm a bit slow on this, I don't think someone approaching there mid 50's would be the right age for a rent boy. Or am I a bit naive on this one. Sir B, is also married to a teacher and has three adult sons in there 20's. ?

Maureen
Northern angel.