Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Clean is your House
27-09-2005, 03:41 PM
How Clean is your House

I think I've decided this is pants.

The first couple were amusing/astonishing seeing the filth that some people live in, but that grows old quite quickly. eg food labels with 80s expiry dates, a mummified mouse in a kitchen drawer. How do you get to the point where a dirty nappy just gets thrown on the floor in the living room and stays there?

Main point is that after every show, I get inspired to clean something afterwards. So last week I did the kettle thing - boiling 50% vinegar and 50% water and leaving it in the kettle for a few hours. On the program, it had an amazing effect. My kettle - ZIPPO! No difference!

Then I use the 50% soda crystals and 50% water soak for an old saucepan with caked on grime (you know what I mean). On the show - BRAND NEW, mine? Not a sausage difference!

Its a fix!
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2005, 04:35 PM
How Clean is your House
I have been watching reruns on daytime TV with Miss Jade - hoping that some of it will rub off on her :laugh: and I did head straight for the microwave with a bowl of water after the last one!!!!

I am disgusted that people do actually live like it - although Miss Jade and Lewie probably will when I am not there to nag the heads off them about plates, cups, glasses and mouldy food in bedrooms :sick: :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
27-09-2005, 06:06 PM
How Clean is your House
I like these shows to be honest.
27-09-2005, 06:06 PM
How Clean is your House
I love this program because after seeing how some people live I feel like a domestic goddess in comparison, even if I don't permanently have a duster in one hand and polish in the other.

It is, of course, compulsory viewing for Mr. C too - just so he appreciates what he would end up like without me Wink
27-09-2005, 06:19 PM
How Clean is your House
JakeyBoy Wrote:I like these shows to be honest.

Not saying I won't keep watching Jakey, its just it reminds me of those childrens programs when I was a kid where they make something out of a shoe box and a bar of soap that ends up looking like the Taj Mahal, then I follow the instructions religiously, and it ends up looking like...well...a bar of soap and a shoe box.

My self esteem is taking a battering.
27-09-2005, 08:51 PM
How Clean is your House
sayangmouse Wrote:Then I use the 50% soda crystals and 50% water soak for an old saucepan with caked on grime (you know what I mean). On the show - BRAND NEW, mine? Not a sausage difference!

I tried this one too on a tray covered in gunk - Result - nil, nada, no change.
I agree with you Sayangmouse, I'm sure they are cheating and have got a pressure spray in the back garden and spray everything clean.

Critique Wrote:I love this program because after seeing how some people live I feel like a domestic goddess in comparison

Ditto:thumbsup:

Critique Wrote:It is, of course, compulsory viewing for Mr. C too - just so he appreciates what he would end up like without me

Ditto again:laugh:
I always have to say to hubby, "Well would you look at the state of their house, you think I'm bad, but I'm not that bad"

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2005, 06:48 AM
How Clean is your House
sayangmouse Wrote:Not saying I won't keep watching Jakey, its just it reminds me of those childrens programs when I was a kid where they make something out of a shoe box and a bar of soap that ends up looking like the Taj Mahal, then I follow the instructions religiously, and it ends up looking like...well...a bar of soap and a shoe box.

My self esteem is taking a battering.

lol alright :kid:
28-09-2005, 07:04 AM
How Clean is your House
me and my son watch this programme. I have to say even though the houses are pretty similar grades of filthy each week, ie. unbelieveably filthy! I still watch with my mouth agape!

One thing which I do wonder about is the mental health of these "filthy" people. Last week with the Indian lady and the first one with the big fat bloke, I thought, especially with these two, was that they were both depressed. So I say more than the state of their house needs looking at. Sometimes I think it's incredibly sad watching these people.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
28-09-2005, 07:09 AM
How Clean is your House
sayangmouse Wrote:I think I've decided this is pants....

What does 'pants' mean. I've been hearing it alot since I have come here and it is driving me mad! :shocking:
28-09-2005, 07:14 AM
How Clean is your House
JakeyBoy Wrote:What does 'pants' mean. I've been hearing it alot since I have come here and it is driving me mad! :shocking:

pants is short for underpants (knickers, shreddies, kecks ... whatever you call them in Australlia!) and it means rubbish.

it's an expression I HATE!!! (there a a little something else that none of you know about me!!!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  House Coastie 32 4,708 19-08-2007 05:08 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Ann Maurice - the House Doctor MariaRob 1 768 01-09-2006 11:09 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  House JakeyBoy 15 1,945 30-09-2005 06:28 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  The House of Eliot Fee For All 12 1,817 26-08-2005 08:56 PM
Last Post: Flip