Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did It Go?
15-12-2004, 12:35 PM
How Did It Go?

How did your move go Bonnie, did it all go smoothly or was it very stressful?
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2004, 12:36 PM
How Did It Go?
I was wondering the same things ils, when I saw Bonnie on here.

How was your first weekend in the country, did you meet any nice sheep:laugh:

Wanted to add, are you commuting to work, must be a bit of a treck for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2004, 02:40 PM
How Did It Go?
Awww thanks guys :bye:

The move went very well, and we were packed and in our new home by 5pm on Monday night. We (me, hubby and in-laws) all fell exhausted into chairs then and went to bed at 9pm.

Yesterday though the unpacking started with ernest. The kitchen is more or less straight (minus cooker which is coming on Sunday) and the lounge is almost perfect.

The man who left the house did a smashing job cleaning it, so i didnt have to do much at all, just unpack.

My pussies were superstars, and have settled into their new home immediately :wub:

Im missing my wardrobes though. I want some pine ones, plus a dressing table, chest of drawers and 2 bedside tables. We are hoping to get some in the next few weeks and should have them by the new year. Its a pain having all your clothes folded up in boxes and trying to find something ... anything to wear.

BUT its nice to be there :cool2:

Havent seen any sheep year Andrea but ill keep a look out :laugh:

We are having a long commute every day, although for me its just another 4 days and i finish work. Poor Mr.B has to do it for years. This morning i got up at 5am just to get to work for 9am. I was early though and got into work at 8:30am. So im feeling quite tired now.

Thanks for asking :bye:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-12-2004, 03:15 PM
How Did It Go?
I'm glad to hear it all went well Bonnie - as moving is so very stressful. It sounds like you will be straight before you know it.

The commuting sounds horrendous, I don't envy you or Mr B.

I hope you will be very happy there Smile
15-12-2004, 04:12 PM
How Did It Go?
Bonnie you are so lucky, I am really pleased everything has worked out for you!! Smile

Sadly my house STILL hasn't been sold - our buyer still hasn't found a buyer and we can't get anyone else through the door - the market seems to be completely dead at the moment.
15-12-2004, 04:18 PM
How Did It Go?
Ceridwen Wrote:Sadly my house STILL hasn't been sold - our buyer still hasn't found a buyer and we can't get anyone else through the door - the market seems to be completely dead at the moment.

Im sorry to hear that :sad: BUT im sure good things are around the corner. Christmas is a bad time of year to sell, but just you wait till the new year, you'll be beating them off with sticks :boxing:

Ill keep everything crossed for you.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
15-12-2004, 04:19 PM
How Did It Go?
Thanks Bonza I hope so - my pocket is having trouble forking out for two houses... Sad
15-12-2004, 04:21 PM
How Did It Go?
Glad it all went well, Bonnie. Only 4 days left at work. Yippee! It's a whole new start for you. Good luck.

Best of luck with your house sale too, Ceri.
15-12-2004, 04:46 PM
How Did It Go?
Best Wishes in your new home Bonny! You are going to love it! I can't believe you are there already, it seems like only yesterday you were asking for advice and now you are settling in!

Ceri, I hope it isn't too long before you get your house sold - this maybe adding to your stress that you mentioned in the other thread. I know it ain't easy, but just enjoy Christmas and then hopefully with the New Year, your house sale will go smoothly!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-12-2004, 05:14 PM
How Did It Go?
Ceridwen Wrote:Sadly my house STILL hasn't been sold - our buyer still hasn't found a buyer and we can't get anyone else through the door - the market seems to be completely dead at the moment.

Fingers crossed that everything changes in the new year for you Ceri!